Talk about anything

what about green apples with melted cheese? pretty popular for fondue

Bruh for a second I thought you were talking about the L4D hunter and I was like “what? How in the-“ and then I remembered you were talking about your budgie Hunter, not a grown man with rabies from a game.💀

Beau sounds like a very good birb! What’s his favorite treat? Is rocky a bully to him? Does he have any noticeable quirks?
Beau is a loverboy- so easy going and Rocky has been communicating with him between cages for a couple months. I was afraid Rocky would bully him or hurt him since she was raised by people with zero physical contact with other birds but she gets along with him great- I can tell Beau is smitten because he sings to her, beak taps, follows her around and feeds her. She hasn't been aggressive toward him at all. Rocky is the only budgie I have that eats chop (the rest eat seed and broccoli) but I put a dish of chop on top of Rocky's cage while he was out playing with Beau and Beau started eating it when he saw Rocky eat it, so I think I'm going to serve them chop too now. Beau's cagemates is his cousin Hunter, a green opaline male. I bought them together. Hunter and Beau grew up together and get along great but Hunter is more dominant and appears to be jealous that Beau pays attention to Rocky. Hunter is also a gentle, tame, partially hand fed boy. I haven't taken Hunter out to play alongside Rocky and Beau because I worry Hunter will get aggressive toward Beau for liking Rocky. I know Rocky can defend herself- she's one tough budgie. Plus it makes me nervous to keep track of two loose budgies and I'm afraid of trying to supervise three at once. Maybe I'll try to take Hunter out to play with Rocky one on one first to see how they get along but I definitely need to trim Hunters wings a bit. He's a very strong flier even when trimmed and he'd go straight up into the cupola if I don't. My budgies never get mad or hold grudges when I trim their wings and they can still fly really well just not as high.
I'd love to house Rocky, Beau and Hunter in one cage but I don't want a bird fight and I don't want Rocky laying eggs. She loves the boys and she's in breeding condition (brown cere) so it's a real risk.

Beau is a loverboy- so easy going and Rocky has been communicating with him between cages for a couple months. I was afraid Rocky would bully him or hurt him since she was raised by people with zero physical contact with other birds but she gets along with him great- I can tell Beau is smitten because he sings to her, beak taps, follows her around and feeds her. She hasn't been aggressive toward him at all. Rocky is the only budgie I have that eats chop (the rest eat seed and broccoli) but I put a dish of chop on top of Rocky's cage while he was out playing with Beau and Beau started eating it when he saw Rocky eat it, so I think I'm going to serve them chop too now. Beau's cagemates is his cousin Hunter, a green opaline male. I bought them together. Hunter and Beau grew up together and get along great but Hunter is more dominant and appears to be jealous that Beau pays attention to Rocky. Hunter is also a gentle, tame, partially hand fed boy. I haven't taken Hunter out to play alongside Rocky and Beau because I worry Hunter will get aggressive toward Beau for liking Rocky. I know Rocky can defend herself- she's one tough budgie. Plus it makes me nervous to keep track of two loose budgies and I'm afraid of trying to supervise three at once. Maybe I'll try to take Hunter out to play with Rocky one on one first to see how they get along but I definitely need to trim Hunters wings a bit. He's a very strong flier even when trimmed and he'd go straight up into the cupola if I don't. My budgies never get mad or hold grudges when I trim their wings and they can still fly really well just not as high.
I'd love to house Rocky, Beau and Hunter in one cage but I don't want a bird fight and I don't want Rocky laying eggs. She loves the boys and she's in breeding condition (brown cere) so it's a real risk.
Beau sounds like a wonderful friend for rocky! I’m surprised rocky hasnt been a meanie butt towards him haha

Hunter sounds like an interesting budgie. He’s the jealous type of bird then?

That’s good that your birds don’t hold grudges for wing trims. My budgies would stay mad at me for a few days after a simple nail trim.

Beau sounds like a wonderful friend for rocky! I’m surprised rocky hasnt been a meanie butt towards him haha

Hunter sounds like an interesting budgie. He’s the jealous type of bird then?

That’s good that your birds don’t hold grudges for wing trims. My budgies would stay mad at me for a few days after a simple nail trim.
A nail trim is much more involved and takes much longer than my wing trims. I would need to hold Rocky gently but firmly in my "fist" and trim one toenail at a time. With 4 toes on each foot and two feet that's eight snips I need to do without hurting her. It's a two person job. When I trim wings I just put my hand over my bird and hold her still from her front end while I snip about an inch off the tips of her longest flight feathers. I don't even pull the wing out. It's such a non-event because it's over so fast and they can still fly. A toe nail trim would probably get her mad at me.
Before I let Rocky and Beau have physical contact Rocky would walk on the top of Hunter and Beau's cage and I noticed that when Beau payed close attention to Rocky Hunter would sometimes start fighting (minor) with Beau as if he didn't approve. So I don't really know how it would play out if all three were together.

A nail trim is much more involved and takes much longer than my wing trims. I would need to hold Rocky gently but firmly in my "fist" and trim one toenail at a time. With 4 toes on each foot and two feet that's eight snips I need to do without hurting her. It's a two person job. When I trim wings I just put my hand over my bird and hold her still from her front end while I snip about an inch off the tips of her longest flight feathers. I don't even pull the wing out. It's such a non-event because it's over so fast and they can still fly. A toe nail trim would probably get her mad at me.
Before I let Rocky and Beau have physical contact Rocky would walk on the top of Hunter and Beau's cage and I noticed that when Beau payed close attention to Rocky Hunter would sometimes start fighting (minor) with Beau as if he didn't approve. So I don't really know how it would play out if all three were together.
True, true. nail trims probably take longer. (Just saying probably, as I have never done a wing clip and don’t plan to.)

Yeahhhh, best not to mix the three to avoid fights and mega hormones.

Describe this emotion:
A7A03DC0-01F0-45C0-8533-077E7066EC33.jpeg

Hi guys I thought it would be fun to make a thread in this new chatroom board to just talk!

So let's talk about anything. Hows your day been? anything exciting happening in your life lately? what are you most excited for this year?
OK. I bought a really cute youg parrotlet - can't quite fly yet. He knows how to step up and will come to me sometimes but tries to avoid me most of the time. Went right to my grand daughter the other day. We just don't seem be bonding and I am at a lost as to what to do.

OK. I bought a really cute youg parrotlet - can't quite fly yet. He knows how to step up and will come to me sometimes but tries to avoid me most of the time. Went right to my grand daughter the other day. We just don't seem be bonding and I am at a lost as to what to do.
Hi @TLee! I suggest making a new thread about this to help you get the most responses and advice. In the meantime, check out this thread on bonding and building trust:

Well, those who are following my drama on FB/on here probably know I'm moving soon. I'm currently apartment hunting. It's like pulling teeth. OY. But I have a viewing tomorrow. It's pet friendly and under my budget. Wish my luck!

I have a note in my notes app where I write any story to practice my story writing skills. Some are trash, others are mid, one is good, one is in progress. None make sense, all are zombie apocalypse related 💀

Well, my viewings didn't go as planned. I've Been up for almost 48 hours (Insomnia from hell!) so I have to miss the viewing today at 9 am. Yesterday I waited for someone who didn't even show up. Arrrrg!

The upside is that a landlord might be evicting someone from his side by side building on my parent's side of town. It's because of unpaid rent and unpaid electricity bills totalling about $1000. OY! I have to contact him later tonight to see if he's discussed the situation with his tenant. If so, it's a bird/dog friendly apartment, had laundry in -suite, and has an awesome mural painted across the side of the building! Everything feels like this is the place. I just hope so. :)

I went to the fair yesterday and got this pic from the Ferris wheel
IMG_4757.jpeg

My brother was so scared of the Ferris wheel 💀

I kinda want to talk about my trip there because it was just so fun!

First, we walked around, checking out all the vendors and such. We stopped by a jewelry shop and I picked up a beautiful tiger’s eye necklace with a coyote howling on it!
IMG_4783.jpeg

It’s absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE it so much!

Then, we went to the barn, and looked at all the animals. Yaks, goats, sheep, pigs, and cattle. I loved the yaks and the cattle, just such beautiful animals!

We then checked out the fish exhibit, and as I expected, it wasn’t very good. A 17 inch catfish was in a 30 inch long tank? Idk the gallons of it, but it wasn’t good. And everything was so dark.

The reptile exhibit was AWESOME! Snakes, legless lizards, Gila monsters, turtles, a salamander, an alligator, an alligator snapper, an iguana, leopard geckos, and a beaded lizard. There was even a tarantula and a green wing macaw that I mistook for someone’s rabid child.

Then, we went to get tickets, and we (me, my brother, and his gf) were goofing around in line.

Once we got our tickets, we walked around some more, they got some food, and then we headed to a really fast Ferris wheel where you’re in a cage that rocks and flips about. We were goofing around in like, my brother and I were making Micheal Jackson “HEE HEE”s, and his gf and I were making jokes with each other. But when I tell you that ride almost got me to vomit the most corrosive acid, I mean it. I rode solo. I’ve NEVER screamed on a ride before, and this got me to scream like I was being murdered! I clung to the bar for dear life and I shrieked as hard as I could whenever I flipped. It was absolutely terrifying!! Never again, I nearly puked up my 16oz redbull. And if I did, you bet your bucks that it woulda burned right through the metal cage.

So, after that, we got on the flying Bob (a really fast carousel that is super fun) and holy smokes was that fun! I was also going solo, and it swung me like heck because there wasn’t two people weighing it down. It was just me. I sat behind my brother and his gf and made faces at them and said really questionable things whenever they’d look at me.

Then, the Ferris wheel. Oh boy that was funny! My brother was clinging to the bar and panicking the whole time while his gf and I were like 😪
I, being the LOVELY little sibling I am, started to freak him out more. Saying that It was going to fall, “zamn, that’s a far drop”, and pointing out how janky and old it was just to mess with him.

Then, before we left, we went through the vendors one last time. My brother spent $69 on a giant wooden weiner with wings, and I got another necklace and a scarab keychain for my sling.

IMG_4785.jpeg
IMG_4782.jpeg

When we were heading for the parking lot, we saw a FREE FLIGHTED BLUE AND GOLD MACAW!!! I really wish I asked for pictures, but I told it’s hooman that it was really gorgeous.

And then, we got back on the road. My right leg was really painful in the knee and hip joint, and I had a bad friction burn on my legs, and I had to limp around. But, on the way home, we swung by a gas station in town, and I bought my brother a redbull, myself a redbull, and a bag of Doritos for us to share when we got home.

When we did get home, we just hung out in his room and played L4D2 and talked about whatever popped into our heads.

And that was it, it was a really fun day!

I used to say fanfic writers were cringe…

…Now I’M cringe 🥰💅

And my family would be more disappointed than they already are if they found out- 🤠

I used to say fanfic writers were cringe…

…Now I’M cringe 🥰💅

And my family would be more disappointed than they already are if they found out- 🤠
I am a cringe worthy writer myself! And PROUD OF IT! LOL!

Most Reactions

Back