Talk about anything

I love birds like all of us here. Ever since I got my baby Rocky I call all birds BabyBirds, even grown up wild birds, because they were all BabyBirds at one time. Anyway, today an awful depraved person who lives on my road (I don't know him) did something horrible and I'm so upset. He lured a small flock of Canada Geese onto his property and beat them to death with a baseball bat! He was arrested for animal cruelty. Fortunately Maine had the strictest animal cruelty laws in the country but that won't bring those poor BabyBirds back. How could someone do that to innocent BabyBirds! He's a despicable person who deserves the same treatment!

My mom and sister are coming over to help put together a bookshelf tomorrow afternoon. Means I have to sweep and mop and all that fun stuff before my mom shows... otherwise I get lectured :|
Oof, no one enjoys an unnecessary lectureā€¦ especially when itā€™s over something minuscule like a n unswept floor. Listening to music can make chores a lot more fun!

I love birds like all of us here. Ever since I got my baby Rocky I call all birds BabyBirds, even grown up wild birds, because they were all BabyBirds at one time. Anyway, today an awful depraved person who lives on my road (I don't know him) did something horrible and I'm so upset. He lured a small flock of Canada Geese onto his property and beat them to death with a baseball bat! He was arrested for animal cruelty. Fortunately Maine had the strictest animal cruelty laws in the country but that won't bring those poor BabyBirds back. How could someone do that to innocent BabyBirds! He's a despicable person who deserves the same treatment!

I donā€™t have veryā€¦. Letā€™s just say high respect and very friendly thoughts about animal abusersā€¦ but this man, in the nicest words possible, deserves the same and worse treatment that he mercilessly showed to those innocent animals. I am not for violence, but there are some exceptionsā€¦ animal abusers are one of them.

What that man- no, that creatureā€¦ what that evil, sick and twisted creature did to those animals is so vileā€¦ deplorable, disgusting, evil, monstrous, and all the words of that nature... That absolute troglodyte used those trusting geeseā€™s own sense of safety in the area to slaughter themā€¦ how f****** disgusting.

My mom and sister are coming over to help put together a bookshelf tomorrow afternoon. Means I have to sweep and mop and all that fun stuff before my mom shows... otherwise I get lectured :|
Ah, the joys of owning birds, lol. But their cuteness makes it worth it.

That's absolutely horrendous. I hope he rots in prison for a long time.

That's absolutely horrendous. I hope he rots in prison for a long time.
Unfortunately, unless it's a repeat offense he will get a fine of at least $1,000 and no jail time. And Maines laws are tough! I hate to see how little other states do. I'm so sickened I could barely finish my shift at work. Those poor BabyBirds! I hope some flew away before the bat hit them.

I donā€™t have veryā€¦. Letā€™s just say high respect and very friendly thoughts about animal abusersā€¦ but this man, in the nicest words possible, deserves the same and worse treatment that he mercilessly showed to those innocent animals. I am not for violence, but there are some exceptionsā€¦ animal abusers are one of them.

What that man- no, that creatureā€¦ what that evil, sick and twisted creature did to those animals is so vileā€¦ deplorable, disgusting, evil, monstrous, and all the words of that nature... That absolute troglodyte used those trusting geeseā€™s own sense of safety in the area to slaughter themā€¦ how f****** disgusting.
I burst into tears at work when I was told about it. My husband and I are very shook up. We're going to follow up with a letter to the judge before sentencing if possible. We have to drive by his house every day.

I wouldn't have thought it would hurt either but the scent must have been very strong.
Yeah, and my bsf clowned on me for it lol. My fault for not researching, really. Oh yeah, the scent was very VERY intense, and my hoodie STILL has a faint scent of cinnamon. Very pleasant, really.

Very pretty and very cool. I hope your family situation has cooled off since a couple months ago.
Thank you! I absolutely love them! ESPECIALLY the scorpion necklace! It actually matches my bracelet and my necklace AND my fashion sense- when Iā€™m not cloaked in my hoodie ofc lol and the shop owner is pretty chill! She didnā€™t give me a stink eye or assume I was stealing because I donā€™t like eye contact and am fidgety! Super chill lady!

Nah, everything got kicked right back up again. Make a long story short, my dad masked his nasty behavior for 3 weeks, mom got a promotion, he threw a tantrum as I predicted, now everything is burning hot again, heā€™s threatening to leave the state, yada yadaā€¦ and my dad wonā€™t quit talking to me, which I absolutely donā€™t like! He RARELY talked to me until my mom brought up divorceā€¦ I shouldā€™ve counted my lucky stars for that, but I didnā€™t and now he wonā€™t quit bugging meā€¦ but hey, at least I have several stress relievers! Borbs, writing, biking, drawing, and metal music!

I burst into tears at work when I was told about it. My husband and I are very shook up. We're going to follow up with a letter to the judge before sentencing if possible. We have to drive by his house every day.
I hope the book gets thrown at him and he goes to jail for that. Oh, and I hope heā€™s served poop toast for EVERY meal, along with a myriad of other punishments. Monsters like that deserve No Mercy.

OH MY GOSH, what?!? That's sickening. Some people are so cruel. Why would someone want to do that??

OH MY GOSH, what?!? That's sickening. Some people are so cruel. Why would someone want to do that??
Apparently he was angry because the geese pooped on his lawn. I know goose poop is pretty awful stuff but there are better ways than that of dealing with it. Like firing a gun, but not aiming at them. People can do that where I live in the woods. Or fence his yard and get a dog to chase them away. Murdering the geese like that won't help because we have so many geese and ducks and more will keep coming onto his yard. If he can't stand geese I say move to suburbia miles away from any lakes and leave our BabyBirds (ALL birds are BabyBirds to me) alone!

Thats truly despicable.
there was this one time I went to a mall along with my parents and sibling, and we went to a floor where there is a pet shop, a very well-known one called ' QualityPets '. I and my little brother (since we both love animals) decided to go check it out. I enter the shop, There were such adorable little cichlids all around! But they put beta fishes in small cups, the poor fishes looked depressed. I then heard chirping sounds. I followed the sounds, and there it is! a birb section! i was truly happy, I thought the bird's health and maintainance would be just the like the name; with quality. But those were only thoughts. There was a blue-and-yellow macaw, put solitarily in a small cage with nothing other than a natural wood perch (only 1) with two small steel bowls which had seed and water. That macaw was so happy to see people, climbing against the cage walls. It even spun when i asked it to, and even gave a handshake as well. This poor bird was so social and joyful; it was only 3 years old (According to staff) and had many years to go. but the macaw lastly started becoming aggressive and decided to tick me off, I decided to respect it's decision and left it. oh and, it could talk! said ' hello ' ' step up ' and such. But it was put in such a poor environment.
My gaze then moved onto the smaller birds. Finches, Budgies, lovebirds. But they were in poor condition as well. Budgerigars: most of them were sick, with only some of them singing with joy and only 2 with healthy feathers/has no bald spots.
finches: most of them had lipoma under their vents, and a society finch was lying dead in the corner of the cage.
Lovebirds: Were obese, all of them feather plucked.
the next site i saw was the most disturbing. I cried just as I saw it..
i noticed a cage in the very bottom, i crouched to look at the cage. I thought it'd be empty because of the way it looked, but it was not... it was an albino budgerigar left to die. Swollen vent, Gasping for air, Desperately trying to eat food, and tried to approach me when it noticed. it was a mess. I really wished i could do something, but before that, I had to go.
I really hate the way some petshops only care about the money, not the health or maintenance. it really makes my blood boil!

Most Reactions

Back