Talk about anything

Hi Pip,

There are many conditions that can cause your symptoms:
1. If bladder control is worsening, may consider “neurogenic bladder”.
There are many causes of this and your doctors may have already considered it. Evaluation for this condition usually also involves MRIs of the brain and spinal cord.

2. In children and adolescents ureteral reflux can cause recurrent UTIs, but not overt loss of bladder control. Urine cultures will show infection.

3. Interstitial cystitis (IC) is an inflammatory condition of the bladder that causes pain like a UTI, but cultures are negative. It requires cystoscopy (a camera looks inside the bladder) to make a diagnosis. I think this is the procedure you are about to have.

D-mannose is an over-the-counter supplement that has worked wonders for many patients with IC and no side effects.

4. Endometriosis (in reproductive aged females) can also cause bladder pain too. Sometimes endo and IC happen together.

Good luck and many prayers! I hope they find the cause soon so you can get on the path to recovery!
The first infection I had was the worst. It was on a Sunday and most clinics were closed. There was only 1 open and we called it. The doctor there had only 5 min before her time was over. We called and she said: "Five minutes won't do you justice" :mad:

Like, WHAT THE HECK? I was LITTERLY in PAIN. I was UNABLE to urinate AT ALL. My mom was forced to contact a friend who is a doctor, and she prescribed some meds, since there was no WAY I'm going to ER without mom(the symptoms we told her were exactly those of an infection).

I'm hoping and praying that it's not anything serious🙏

The first infection I had was the worst. It was on a Sunday and most clinics were closed. There was only 1 open and we called it. The doctor there had only 5 min before her time was over. We called and she said: "Five minutes won't do you justice" :mad:

Like, WHAT THE HECK? I was LITTERLY in PAIN. I was UNABLE to urinate AT ALL. My mom was forced to contact a friend who is a doctor, and she prescribed some meds, since there was no WAY I'm going to ER without mom(the symptoms we told her were exactly those of an infection).

I'm hoping and praying that it's not anything serious🙏
that's awful I'm so sorry. the first UTI I had was awful. I waited awhile to go in for it because I was hoping it would just go away on it's own. God I was in so much pain and had to "urinate" like every 2 minutes and the burning was miserable. The funny thing is the antibiotics they give you makes your pee neon orange and that still makes me laugh.

Another time, a bit before covid started, I was having frequent stomach issues for like MONTHS and the doctors couldnt really figure out why. I would also get "colds" pretty frequently and was taking a LOT of time off work, especially with the start of covid because I was terrified I had it or something but at this time you couldnt get tested unless you needed to be hospitalized. I started getting sicker and sicker to the point where when i swallowed it felt like i was swallowing glass. my tonsils were so swollen and infected i couldnt eat or drink. I was bed ridden too, i couldnt so much as move my head without extreme vertigo. The doctors thought I had strep and gave me the appropriate antibiotics (note: did not test me for it since the doctors were closed to in person appointments) and the antibiotics made me WORSE so my mom, a nurse, finally strong armed our way into getting an in person appointment so we could actually have tests done. Strep test came back negative. Then they gave me a mono test and THAT came back positive. So the theory is I possibly had mono for 6+ months. since stomach issues and frequently getting sick can be symptoms of it. My liver was SHOT it was so bad. Steroids and proper antibiotics helped so much but it still took my a bit to recover. It was fun. My friends and I still laugh about it.

Gee I could upload a few pictures of my thumb injury.
I was cutting up corn on the cob for my fids and the cob's were unusually hard to cut through.
Somehow my left thumb ended up under the knife blade and I nearly cut the tip of my thumb off.

Emergency room, 3 stitches (including one through the nail) and between 3 and 4 thousand $ (total bill was about double before insurance) and I have a small amount of nerve damage.

And my fids get loose corn kernels no more cutting up corn on the cob.

I also have a new understanding of what PTSD is.
I kept seeing the accident in my head but with worse outcomes. It took me months to be able to use that knife again.

When I had my first foot surgery(I was 7), my bandage JUST got removed. I went home, my younger brother ate some parrot food(from a Senegal we used to have that sadly passed after the op)and he started squawking like a parrot. I tripped him aaannndd you guessed it, with the foot that got operated😳 it was just blood everywhere, and an ER visit, where we had to sit there for how long!

It was the most painful thing I experienced.

I had to use a bandage for even longer! :mad: if only he hadn't eaten birb food and if I just didn't trip him...
oh well.

I have a really high pain tolerance, I was carving a pumpkin with a serrated knife, and my hand got slippery with pulp. So yeah, I cut through to the fat, so not too bad. I didn't really care.
However, band-aids are a HUGE sensory issue for me, and I had to wear one 24-7, that was fun.

And I broke a ton of bones as a little kid and 'walked it off', so I'm pretty insensitive to pain.

I've broken no bones worse thing that ever happened to me accidentally was uh the fact I could've died while playing tag long story....

I've broken no bones worse thing that ever happened to me accidentally was uh the fact I could've died while playing tag long story....
TELL THE STORY!
(if u want)

TELL THE STORY!
(if u want)
Sure lol if u wanna here it. Basically I was playing tag in Nebraska with some friends when I was about 8 and we were playing it in a garden and you know what's in a garden? Garden stakes so basically it has just rained and it was very muddy but we were still playing tag out in the garden and I slipped on the mud while chasing somebody and took a garden post to the chest I have the scar to prove it lucky it didn't go in very far but if it would've I probably would've died.

Sure lol if u wanna here it. Basically I was playing tag in Nebraska with some friends when I was about 8 and we were playing it in a garden and you know what's in a garden? Garden stakes so basically it has just rained and it was very muddy but we were still playing tag out in the garden and I slipped on the mud while chasing somebody and took a garden post to the chest I have the scar to prove it lucky it didn't go in very far but if it would've I probably would've died.
It's also good it didn't get infected!

Bird's luck be like 📈

I broke a bone, my little toe.
Always walk around the house in just socks or barefoot.
I ran it into a chair leg that was weighted down so it was unmovable more/less.

The pain was so startling I did not even curse.
But just as in my cut thumb the initial pain was completely gone is just seconds.
I knew a few things.
The pain would come back.
There isn't very much even a Dr can do about a broken toe.

I straitened it out (it was kind of sticking up at a strange angle) and splinted it with a cut up popsicle stick.
Then I taped the straitened toe to the next toe over.
Had to do a bit of surgery to my shoe in order to go to work.

Funny enough my mother broke her little toe when she was in school .

most of my injuries have been pretty dumb. Once when I was like 5 or 6 my neighbors were watching me and my brothers because my parents had some sort of emergency they needed to take care of. these neighbors had a bouncy house in their basement! fun! it was next to a jagged cement wall. not fun! guess who jumped into that wall! me! was bleeding nicely from right next to my eye and the mom taking care of us was FREAKING OUT so I was FREAKING OUT and my brother was just like "yall... chill..." it wasnt bad. left a bit of a scar but didnt need stitches or anything.

then when I was like 17, it was the night before my birthday. we had a reservation for a really nice fondue restraunt the next day. I was very excited. I went to go take a shower and I was sitting on the countertop waiting for the water to heat up. I went to get down and my pants leg got caught on a drawer knob. I went down. hard. got a nifty broken arm. it was so swollen they had to put me a splint. so I couldnt move my arm for my fancy fondue birthday dinner :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220207-112456_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220207-112456_Facebook.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 91
most of my injuries have been pretty dumb. Once when I was like 5 or 6 my neighbors were watching me and my brothers because my parents had some sort of emergency they needed to take care of. these neighbors had a bouncy house in their basement! fun! it was next to a jagged cement wall. not fun! guess who jumped into that wall! me! was bleeding nicely from right next to my eye and the mom taking care of us was FREAKING OUT so I was FREAKING OUT and my brother was just like "yall... chill..." it wasnt bad. left a bit of a scar but didnt need stitches or anything.

then when I was like 17, it was the night before my birthday. we had a reservation for a really nice fondue restraunt the next day. I was very excited. I went to go take a shower and I was sitting on the countertop waiting for the water to heat up. I went to get down and my pants leg got caught on a drawer knob. I went down. hard. got a nifty broken arm. it was so swollen they had to put me a splint. so I couldnt move my arm for my fancy fondue birthday dinner :(
Most of my injuries are pretty stupid too. Stupid as in I got them by being stupid.
When I was like 7 I plummeted off a swing headfirst because I WANTED TO
And then when I was 16 I flipped my car and it was painful…I won’t go into detail but…yeah.

Update: my bandage got removed and I'm going for the endoscopy tomorrow(To check out my bladder and my kidneys and stuff.. yeah)

Fingers crossed and praying that they'll find out what is causing my bladder issues and infections!

Update: my bandage got removed and I'm going for the endoscopy tomorrow(To check out my bladder and my kidneys and stuff.. yeah)

Fingers crossed and praying that they'll find out what is causing my bladder issues and infections!

good luck!! hope everything goes well and whatever is causing the issue is an easy fix!

Thanks a lot!! :)

With every procedure, every time I need to take blood... my fear of needles go slightly lower. Not much but it's really means a lot to me. 2 years ago I'd never even think of ever doing it...

Last edited:
Thanks a lot!! :)

With every procedure, every time I need to take blood... my fear of needles go slightly lower. Not much but it's really means a lot to me. 2 years ago I'd never even think of ever doing it...
Same! Each blood draw (mainly to determine that my tics aren't caused by a deficiency) and flu shot is getting way easier!

Most Reactions

Back