Introducing The New Adventures Of Princess Peach!! 💝

It’s amazing that you had princess’s wing repaired so she can fly. I’ve debated having Nico’s broken wing repaired. I have just been so scared because I was told that birds don’t do well under anesthesia. I would be not okay for quite sometime if I lost Nico. This story does give me inspiration to do it. Nico try’s to fly all the time. It’s sad to watch.
Thank you @kme3388 💖 I'm very lucky to have such a great bird vet, but yes, sometimes things can go wrong under anaesthetic, I've had it happen to one of mine and it is devastating. But having said that, I've had procedures done on a number of my birds for getting on 30 years and have only ever had one bad outcome. Cross fingers and touch wood for no more!! Thankfully Peachie's wing was a relatively easy fix, just the clipped feathers needed replacing and nothing more involved as might be the case with Nico.

Princess Peachie Pink Fluffy Pants goes for her second doxy injection today, and follow up appointment with her Uncle Brock. I am happy to report that she is MASSIVELY improved on where she was last Tuesday even after only one shot, so whatever this thing is that she's got, the antibiotics are having the desired effect. :)

Meanwhile I got a recording of the clucky noises she makes at Lovejoy when she's trying to win his affections. Let's just say it's a good thing the video ends where it does, this is a G-rated forum after all. I don't encourage it cos I don't want Peachie laying eggs, fertile or otherwise, and I regularly have to intervene and break them up. Oh I am gonna have SOOOOOOOOOOOO much trouble with these two!! :eek::eek::eek:

Princess Peachie Pink Fluffy Pants goes for her second doxy injection today, and follow up appointment with her Uncle Brock. I am happy to report that she is MASSIVELY improved on where she was last Tuesday even after only one shot, so whatever this thing is that she's got, the antibiotics are having the desired effect. :)

Meanwhile I got a recording of the clucky noises she makes at Lovejoy when she's trying to win his affections. Let's just say it's a good thing the video ends where it does, this is a G-rated forum after all. I don't encourage it cos I don't want Peachie laying eggs, fertile or otherwise, and I regularly have to intervene and break them up. Oh I am gonna have SOOOOOOOOOOOO much trouble with these two!! :eek::eek::eek:

So glad she is feeling better! My goodness listen to her cat calling Mr. Lovejoy!

Clucky indeed! I think that may be princess parrot speak for "come hither, you sexy hunka hunka rooster!" ❤️🤣

I am VERY pleased to report that Peachie has pulled up remarkably well this morning after her second jab, and particularly considering she and Val had a night fright last night and did a little thrashing around in their cage just before midnight. Fortunately for them I'm a light sleeper and I've got a bunch of bells set up in their cages so I can come running when I hear them go off, so no damage was done. And she was up and eating breakfast before I even got out of bed this morning and really has not stopped eating since - little wonder that she weighed in at a very hefty 112 grams when Dr Brock weighed her yesterday! He is very happy with her progress too, but we're still waiting on the results of that test, hopefully it should come back this week sometime 🤞🤞🤞

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, Uncles @saxguy64 and @SailBoat, the shenanigans involving the little red-headed rooster do not stop, and have now moved into the bathroom as well!! May I present Peachie, Lovejoy and Val starring in "Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Three Birds In The Tub!!" Kinda thinking Peachie and Lovejoy would've preferred it if it was just the two of them though ;)

Did anyone else not miss LoveJoy splashing in water! An event know as a Bath!!
Oh no, we didn't miss that!! Finally got that elusive footage of the red-headed rooster in the bath, that Pyrex dish seems to have been the secret to a long and leisurely dip in the tub all along!! And the 'tiels didn't miss out, the three more assertive personalities wouldn't let them near the water so they got a nice misting from the squirt bottle instead 💖

😮 The paparazzi has struck gold!!! Lovejoy taking a bath!! And Peachie just loves water!

This reminds me of this post in Ona’s thread haha:

😮 The paparazzi has struck gold!!! Lovejoy taking a bath!! And Peachie just loves water!

This reminds me of this post in Ona’s thread haha:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... maybe Peachie better watch out for some competition. Seems Lovejoy and Ona may have a whole cosmic pie plate bath tub connection goin' on??!! ;) ❤️‍🔥 ❤️‍🔥 ❤️‍🔥

I am VERY pleased to report that Peachie has pulled up remarkably well this morning after her second jab
I didn't put my glasses and I read "her second job" (it took me few moments to read it correctly, at first I thought that I misunderstood something...)

I’ve just caught up here oh what a thread to make the heart rush! Glad everything back as it ought to be 😊
Doctor Brock asked me if she was back to 100%, and she's not there just yet, but certainly well on the way 💖

I didn't put my glasses and I read "her second job" (it took me few moments to read it correctly, at first I thought that I misunderstood something...)
Ha ha!! Peachie's only got one "job" to do right now, and that's to NOT have anything nastier than psittacosis!!

Pics for birdy tax - eating like there's no tomorrow, pellets, seeds, fruit and veg, anything and everything I put in front of her!!

headdownbumup.jpeg

The eyes have it, big, bright and beautiful as they are!

peachieeatsagain.jpeg

Three down, three to go ...

Poor little Peachie went for her third jab yesterday, and sadly I think this one really hurt her. There was a bit of blood, as there frequently is with this type of injection, and she was feeling pretty low when we got her home. Our weekly appointment is 4PM, so she usually has a bit of Lovejoy time and something to eat before bed, but yesterday she didn't feel like eating at all - thankfully she did get some Lovejoy lovin' which sparked her up a little but really all she wanted to do was go to bed. She was still looking pretty fed up with everything this morning too and not feeling like eating, which is SO not like her cos she loves her food. So I cheated a bit and bribed her into eating something with a few seeds which of course she chowed down on straight away, finished those and then moved onto her pellets. They weighed her at the clinic yesterday and she's put on MORE weight and is up to 110 grams now, which is the point where they're a little concerned about her getting overweight. That's all well and good, but this bird LOVES to eat and doesn't eat rubbish so there really isn't anything I can cut out!! Ploughed straight into her veg this morning too when I put it out so I kinda fail to see where I can make any adjustments! Anyhow, thankfully she's perked up a bit more now so I think she'll be ok, but oh I will be SOOOOO happy when this whole ordeal is over, those needles hurt me just about as much as they do her!!! 😭 😭😭

And a couple of Peachie pics for tax:

Napping in the sun this morning ....

IMG_1249.jpeg

... and enjoying her fresh veg :)

IMG_1258.jpeg

IMG_1257.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

Oh and we’re STILL waiting on those test results - not happy!!

Waiting is no joy and it seems that they just take longer and longer, each time.

Weight is a very cautionary thing with active flyers as near everyone forgets that muscle is heavier than fat and as she regains her healthier self, her being more active develops /strengthens her muscles. I always view /feel the chest as that is were Parrots will commonly add fat. Normally one can see it (looks like chicken fat) under their chest skin.

That all said, she maybe enjoying Lovejoy's 'special' food at bit more than she should be!

Sorry she was feeling the effects a bit more this time.

Waiting is no joy and it seems that they just take longer and longer, each time.

Weight is a very cautionary thing with active flyers as near everyone forgets that muscle is heavier than fat and as she regains her healthier self, her being more active develops /strengthens her muscles. I always view /feel the chest as that is were Parrots will commonly add fat. Normally one can see it (looks like chicken fat) under their chest skin.

That all said, she maybe enjoying Lovejoy's 'special' food at bit more than she should be!

Sorry she was feeling the effects a bit more this time.
I think she's pretty muscular, Uncle @SailBoat. Not so much as her wild cousins to be sure, but she does ok for an indoor bird exercise-wise, and I'm taking great pains to keep her away from that special lorikeet food! With five of them here, there's always one of the flock that gets startled about *something*, often one of the outdoor birds like the magpies or the noisy miners that set off the alarm and everyone then does several laps of the the living before they settle down. Having the injection right in her pectorals does slow her down for a day or two though, I imagine that would be pretty sore. But she perked up sufficiently yesterday for me to give her just a light shower, I didn't want to overdo it, but it was pretty warm here so I think she did appreciate it - she certainly looked as though she did! 💖

Jem had to get in on the act too, as did Val and Fang, though Fang took a little more convincing. Lovejoy still HATES the squirt bottle, so his contribution was to bite me on the ear pretty much the whole time :rolleyes: Thankfully no blood was shed!!

Clearly, LoveJoy was having his want for attention in the background.

The Joy of a shower has to be seen to enjoy and be appreciated!

Alway something happening at your home!!

At the 'moment' our Julio is content with his World as he wishes the Sun a long and restful night!

Awwwwwww goodnight HRH Julio, I wish you the sweetest of Amazon dreams 😘

Meanwhile the day has just begun Down Under, and Princess Peachie has assumed her position at the top of the pecking order once more. None of these roosters stands a chance, particularly the featherless one!!
IMG_1269.jpeg

thank you for sharing your story, I have a similar story but with a few different features except I am both the good AND bad guy. I'll tell you what it is. I was 7 when I bought andy(she's a girl.) I was not prepared, basicly I thought you could just stick em in a cage and chuck some seed at her. 3 years later she seemed depressed and sad so I said to my dad "hey I think we should get andy a partner. he agreed so 2 weeks later we got Sky chilld(sky is his nickname.) and this time I researched what andy would need. I was sick to the stomach to find out how bad we were to miss treating her. One website said it's considered abuse. at first they didn't like each other because andy was territorial andwouldn't allow him out of his side of the cage(1 tenth of the cage.) but soon they got over it and I think they just might have kids.

many thanks,
Evelyn -andy in the sky

Attachments

• IMG_20230817_115021.jpg
    IMG_20230817_115021.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 15

Most Reactions

Back