Introducing The New Adventures Of Princess Peach!! 💝

thank you for sharing your story, I have a similar story but with a few different features except I am both the good AND bad guy. I'll tell you what it is. I was 7 when I bought andy(she's a girl.) I was not prepared, basicly I thought you could just stick em in a cage and chuck some seed at her. 3 years later she seemed depressed and sad so I said to my dad "hey I think we should get andy a partner. he agreed so 2 weeks later we got Sky chilld(sky is his nickname.) and this time I researched what andy would need. I was sick to the stomach to find out how bad we were to miss treating her. One website said it's considered abuse. at first they didn't like each other because andy was territorial andwouldn't allow him out of his side of the cage(1 tenth of the cage.) but soon they got over it and I think they just might have kids.

many thanks,
Evelyn -andy in the sky

You're most welcome, @andy in the sky, I'm glad you're enjoying Peachie's story! I hope you'll continue to follow along with her, and maybe post a new thread so we can follow along with your journey with your birds too :)

Mamma mia, here we go again, and not in a fun way :(

Peachie goes for her fourth injection out of six today and in fairly typical fashion she is handling it MUCH better than I am!! She was picking at something on her chest this morning and I couldn't quite make out what it was, my eyes are not the best anymore. So i put my glasses on and picked her up and there was something that seemed to be stuck to her chest feathers. I thought it might've been a bit of veg or lorikeet food that had dried out and got stuck there, she had picked it about 95% of the way off so I pulled it off myself as it was irritating her and it looks like the dried-up scab from a wound, probably from one of the injection sites :( Unfortunately this kind of thing can happen with this type of injection, there can be a bit of cell necrosis around the site which is why they always inject in a different spot every time we go back. Anyway I've popped it into a little plastic baggie to take with me when we go to the vet this afternoon so they can have a look and tell me what they think it is, but it looks pretty scabby to me. Thankfully her chest looks ok now, there's no active bleeding and she's not picking at it at all, and she’s been happily chowing down on her veg and DESPERATELY trying to sneak in and eat Lovejoy's food. No lorikeet nectar for you girlie, you don't need it, you're sweet enough as it is!! I on the other hand will probably need a dose of what my vet likes to call "client valium" when i go see them this afternoon :rolleyes: Oh I can't wait for this to be over!!!!

Pics for birdy tax; Peachie before I pulled that thing off of her this morning ...

IMG_1275.jpeg

.... and happily eating her veg like a good girl. She really looks rather proud of herself here, don't you think? 💖

IMG_1276.jpeg

IMG_1278.jpeg

IMG_1281.jpeg

Oh, how scary! Hoping and praying that it's nothing and turns out to be a hunk of food or something, but at least she's heading to the vet today anyway, so they can give you some idea of what might be going on. Sending lots of love and prayers for an easy time with the next jab. My favorite little Aussie niece deserves only the best, and she has that with her amazing birdie mama! :)❤️

Oh, how scary! Hoping and praying that it's nothing and turns out to be a hunk of food or something, but at least she's heading to the vet today anyway, so they can give you some idea of what might be going on. Sending lots of love and prayers for an easy time with the next jab. My favorite little Aussie niece deserves only the best, and she has that with her amazing birdie mama! :)❤️
Awwwwwwwwww thank you, she's just lucky she has such an amazing birdie doctor in her corner!!

Meanwhile her second psittacosis test came back during the week and again it was negative. Her vet, who has seen more cases like this than many people have had hot dinners, suggests however that we're best to complete the course of doxy injections anyway, just to make sure that whatever this thing is does not resurface again in future. I hate it, but I agree with him. I just wish there was some way I could make Peachie understand that this is for her own good and that it will be over in a few weeks, she must be feeling VERY fed up with this whole thing by now!!

As smart as she is, I can only imagine that she sees everything you're doing as helping her feel better in the long run. Besides, the vet gets to be the bad guy and you get to be her savior ❤️

As smart as she is, I can only imagine that she sees everything you're doing as helping her feel better in the long run. Besides, the vet gets to be the bad guy and you get to be her savior ❤️
Well that'll make FOUR bad guys now, so far she's been jabbed by Adrian, Hannah, Brock and Al. Every one of them tells me what a sweet and brave girl she is and how they wish all their patients were more like her. Maybe they want to share the "bad guy" duty around too?!

Mamma mia, here we go again, and not in a fun way :(

Peachie goes for her fourth injection out of six today and in fairly typical fashion she is handling it MUCH better than I am!! She was picking at something on her chest this morning and I couldn't quite make out what it was, my eyes are not the best anymore. So i put my glasses on and picked her up and there was something that seemed to be stuck to her chest feathers. I thought it might've been a bit of veg or lorikeet food that had dried out and got stuck there, she had picked it about 95% of the way off so I pulled it off myself as it was irritating her and it looks like the dried-up scab from a wound, probably from one of the injection sites :( Unfortunately this kind of thing can happen with this type of injection, there can be a bit of cell necrosis around the site which is why they always inject in a different spot every time we go back. Anyway I've popped it into a little plastic baggie to take with me when we go to the vet this afternoon so they can have a look and tell me what they think it is, but it looks pretty scabby to me. Thankfully her chest looks ok now, there's no active bleeding and she's not picking at it at all, and she’s been happily chowing down on her veg and DESPERATELY trying to sneak in and eat Lovejoy's food. No lorikeet nectar for you girlie, you don't need it, you're sweet enough as it is!! I on the other hand will probably need a dose of what my vet likes to call "client valium" when i go see them this afternoon :rolleyes: Oh I can't wait for this to be over!!!!

Pics for birdy tax; Peachie before I pulled that thing off of her this morning ...

View attachment 54796

.... and happily eating her veg like a good girl. She really looks rather proud of herself here, don't you think? 💖

View attachment 54797
View attachment 54798
View attachment 54799
I think that look is: Enjoying Birdie Heaven!

Awwwwwwwwww thank you, she's just lucky she has such an amazing birdie doctor in her corner!!

Meanwhile her second psittacosis test came back during the week and again it was negative. Her vet, who has seen more cases like this than many people have had hot dinners, suggests however that we're best to complete the course of doxy injections anyway, just to make sure that whatever this thing is does not resurface again in future. I hate it, but I agree with him. I just wish there was some way I could make Peachie understand that this is for her own good and that it will be over in a few weeks, she must be feeling VERY fed up with this whole thing by now!!
Miss-direction has alway worked for me! The Vet did that, I am the one here saving you from him!!

Julio looks at me like I have lost my mind, but since the Vet has left the room and I am the only choice regarding a quick exit, he turns his back on that door and I get the "Okay, but get me out of here, now!!"

Sadly, the spot on the chest looks like a bit of scabbing. What did the Vet have to say?

FYI: When Julio has his beak smothered, his vet says he is kind and never gives them any problems what so ever!! But when the Vet brings him back into the client room, he acts like the Vet had tried to kill him! Yup, I have a Drama King!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Miss-direction has alway worked for me! The Vet did that, I am the one here saving you from him!!

Julio looks at me like I have lost my mind, but since the Vet has left the room and I am the only choice regarding a quick exit, he turns his back on that door and I get the "Okay, but get me out of here, now!!"

Sadly, the spot on the chest looks like a bit of scabbing. What did the Vet have to say?

FYI: When Julio has his beak smothered, his vet says he is kind and never gives them any problems what so ever!! But when the Vet brings him back into the client room, he acts like the Vet had tried to kill him! Yup, I have a Drama King!! :rolleyes:
Oh Uncle @SailBoat, I'll bet HRH Julio is a prince at the vet clinic. How could he possibly be anything other?? 💖

Meanwhile my Peachie little Princess has pitched up remarkably well this morning, and in fact I think I'd give her a solid 9 out of 10 on the Peach-O-Meter! I showed the scabby looking thing to her Aunty Hannah - she is the boss man's daughter and has been learning from her dad since probably before she could talk - and she confirmed that it was a dried up scab. The good news is that the skin under it is healing very nicely. The patient is in VERY good spirits this morning, flying, squawking and lookin' for some lovin' from her red-headed boyfriend ❤️‍🔥 And I didn't even have to bribe her into eating this morning, she was crunching on her pellets before I even uncovered her! Only two more of these infernal things to go and she'll be seen by the boss man for her last one. Which, crossing all fingers toes and eyes will HOPEFULLY be the last time i have to take her down there for anything for a VERY long time!!! 🤞🤞🤞

Birdy pics for tax :)

Gettin' some of that sweet Lovejoy lovin' ...

IMG_1284.jpeg

And just looking perfectly Peachie, and making her mum very happy and proud!!

IMG_1287.jpeg

That's my favorite little Aussie niece right there! Good girl, Peachie pie! ♥️

That's my favorite little Aussie niece right there! Good girl, Peachie pie! ♥️
Yeah, she's been REALLY good this morning, chirping and doing the goofy throwing her head around thing and getting boisterous with the 'tiels. Nurse Hannah did a VERY good job!

Yeah, she's been REALLY good this morning, chirping and doing the goofy throwing her head around thing and getting boisterous with the 'tiels. Nurse Hannah did a VERY good job!
That's fantastic! Maybe she can do the next one as well?

That's fantastic! Maybe she can do the next one as well?
That'd be nice, though I think it's more a kind of luck-of-the-draw thing until that last one where she sees Adrian. But I have my fingers toes and eyes crossed we get Nurse Hannah next week too!! 🤞 🤞 🤞

I know what its like to be glad for ya birds!
Thank you, yes I am very glad for her :)

Oooooohhhhh and I forgot to mention, she weighed a whole 1 (one!) gram less than last time, she's 109 grams now. Good thing they didn't see me bribing her with seeds last night to make sure she ate before she went to bed! ;)

AAAAAAANNNNND I found THESE for sale at Kmart here in Australia yesterday. They're tea towels with princess parrots and galahs printed on them!!! Guess who ordered some!! 😁

peachieteatowel.jpg

Oooooohhhhh and I forgot to mention, she weighed a whole 1 (one!) gram less than last time, she's 109 grams now. Good thing they didn't see me bribing her with seeds last night to make sure she ate before she went to bed! ;)

AAAAAAANNNNND I found THESE for sale at Kmart here in Australia yesterday. They're tea towels with princess parrots and galahs printed on them!!! Guess who ordered some!! 😁

View attachment 54840
SO CUTE!!!

Just finished catching up after falling behind, I just love seeing pictures of Peach 🥰

View attachment 54840
That could be difficult with so few clues!! :ROFLMAO:

Most Reactions

Back