The Trolling Thread

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a--okay, it is a bird. It's SuperWendy!

If our mod team will allow, I for one, think the topic of GMO's deserves a different thread where it is a RESPECTFUL and FACT BASED debate people interested in learning more can ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING FROM.

If our mod team will allow, I for one, think the topic of GMO's deserves a different thread where it is a RESPECTFUL and FACT BASED debate people interested in learning more can ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING FROM.

I absolutely agree, April!

So....you all think this one is done then? :21: (The thread that is....the 'other' problem will most likely fix itself)

GRR 5 lb bag of sunflowers on my desk when I came back from Lunch. Co-worker thought my Mac would like them...... What do ya do...... Thank you and I will take them home . Wild birds will enjoy them ........ so been at lunch and i forgot what this thread was about other than the fact that Kiwibird will be at the White house if you need her.

Actually I second that. I am interested. Totally ignorant on the subject and hate to google :D

Re: Parrots love cheap Government subsidized GMO corn

So....you all think this one is done then? :21: (The thread that is....the 'other' problem will most likely fix itself)

Definitely. I think a new thread is a brilliant idea. :)

Any chance of a entertaining "resolution" of that "other" problem:54:

if our mod team will allow, i for one, think the topic of gmo's deserves a different thread where it is a respectful and fact based debate people interested in learning more can actually learn something from.

i absolutely agree, april!

So....you all think this one is done then? :21: (the thread that is....the 'other' problem will most likely fix itself)

any chance of a entertaining "resolution" of that "other" problem:54:

lmao!!! Hahahahhaha!!!!!

While I am aware of GMO controversies, IMHO the potential hazards are far from settled. Until and if the science is certain, we must simply follow our best educated assumptions. My personal belief is that some GMO products are relatively benign, however genetics and environment play a role. By way of analogy, some folks who are overweight with bad blood chemistry may live long lives while a slim marathon runner might keel over at age 45. Some smokers live into their 80s! That a parrot fed an all-seed diet is likely on borrowed time is a given, but the effects of GMOs are more nuanced.

Concerned citizens have many avenues to influence product production, but coercive techniques within a socially friendly enthusiast forum are misguided. Presenting a well argued opinion is helpful, but trolling merely trashes the experience!

GRR 5 lb bag of sunflowers on my desk when I came back from Lunch. Co-worker thought my Mac would like them...... What do ya do...... Thank you and I will take them home . Wild birds will enjoy them ........ so been at lunch and i forgot what this thread was about other than the fact that Kiwibird will be at the White house if you need her.

Actually, he can have them. 6-8 a day, or so.

But a five pound bag will last you about ten years!

So, yeah. Thanks!

This is quite a tasty recipe and would use up the 5 lbs of seed (providing they are already hulled and human grade):

Raw and Vegan "Tuna" Salad | Healthful Pursuit

I make it all the time, it's good for people and parrots to share:)

Well sad to say but.......... just thought hmm I like sunflowers. Yes human grade but they are SALTED lmao. Her hubby works at a peanut factory here .

Well sad to say but.......... just thought hmm I like sunflowers. Yes human grade but they are SALTED lmao. Her hubby works at a peanut factory here .

Nope. Can't have salted.

Yeah sucks it could not be walnuts Dang

The universal macaw favorite... that isn't cheap given the volume they eat.

Yeah and I was new to being a Mom to a Mac and did not realize I should buy and freeze around the holidays. SO now I can't find any. Guess I have to order but damn they are high dollar

Preaching to the chior.

My lottery fantasy includes a new huge birdie foraging stand for the back yard... A WALNUT TREE!!!

Most Reactions

Back