The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

I've tried this a number of times over the years, but always with something going wrong... wrong paper or wrong liquid or wrong method or wrong bird (!!!!????). But I learned from each failure.

This time, I got some frozen blackberry juice concentrate (no additives, melted and undiluted), put it in a shallow pan which he bathes in sometimes, just enough to coat the bottom completely), took some beautiful very thick artisan-made organic paper sheets (taped them down around the pan), sequestered the Rb and myself in the bathrom, tossed a few green chile SEEDS (his favorite part) into the concentrate, and then eased him down into the pan.

It worked!

I think the keys to success included:
*using a small, quiet space that's easy to clean
*taping down an absorbent, thick paper (won't be scattered by flapping/scrambling)
*using a shallow layer of juice concentrate (enough to coat the bottom of the foot but not soak the whole footsies)
*familiarizing the bird with the pan/platter/whatever
*figuring a way to entice/ease the bird into the juice
*having a glass of wine first

In the end, I got some useable prints. A quick trip to Imgur, and... at last... a dated, precious frameable keepsake!
42ViqGU.png

I've tried this a number of times over the years, but always with something going wrong... wrong paper or wrong liquid or wrong method or wrong bird (!!!!????). But I learned from each failure.

This time, I got some frozen blackberry juice concentrate (no additives, melted and undiluted), put it in a shallow pan which he bathes in sometimes, just enough to coat the bottom completely), took some beautiful very thick artisan-made organic paper sheets (taped them down around the pan), sequestered the Rb and myself in the bathrom, tossed a few green chile SEEDS (his favorite part) into the concentrate, and then eased him down into the pan.

It worked!

*taping down an absorbent, thick paper (won't be scattered by flapping/scrambling)
*using a shallow layer of juice concentrate (enough to coat the bottom of the foot but not soak the whole footsies)

In the end, I got some useable prints. A quick trip to Imgur, and... at last... a dated, precious frameable keepsake!
42ViqGU.png

So, reading between the lines, ooops - between the claw prints! :D

So, the pan had a thin lay of "juice concentrate," which is the same term used for Grape Concentrate, which is the foundation for Wine!!!

After the 'Art' Session, RB was seen licking his claws!!! Hmmm, interesting! Very interesting, indeed!

FYI: Great RB Prints! Congratulations!!!

Oh I'm very much a lightweight! :18: Even when I did drink regularly, I never seemed to build much of a tolerance.

I bet Rb does remember his drink. *expletives deleted* about the guest who decided to share though.

Those prints are just awesome. What a wonderful keepsake! It'll go well with the fabric art, dontcha think?

It worked!

42ViqGU.png

Oh Gail. That’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Boat... he DID lick his claws, AND preen all his belly feathers. They looked very sticky and clumpy, so I offered him a bath. No go. So I sprayed him, which enfuriated him and made him do his belly feathers all over, but they looked much better.

Tasha (lightweight:))... yeah that guest never got invited over again. We have paid for his stupidity ever since, with the Rb's cocktail-fixation.

Inger... thank you! It's a treasure for me.

Lea... yes, do! HRH Nigel's people need a shrine!!

And you say the Rickeybird has no talent? Hun, you gotta merchandise this! Think of a nice spring dress with these birdy tracks as the pattern! Dat bird just made you a fortune.

And you say the Rickeybird has no talent? Hun, you gotta merchandise this! Think of a nice spring dress with these birdy tracks as the pattern! Dat bird just made you a fortune.

Ooooohh yes! Also birdied-related stuff like um bird coats and t-shirts. Yeah. This is good.

Lea... that totally captures my little bon-vivant, doesn't it!?

Mr. Wrench... you got a point. At the very least, I will include the print in his eBay art store. Oh, wait... I can put a SINGLE print as his "signature" on his 'textile art'. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, after we make our first million, I'll cut you in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inger... we're on it, gurrrrl!

Ooooohh yes! Also birdied-related stuff like um bird coats and t-shirts. Yeah. This is good.

Remember to Trade Mark that pattern /print! :D

Of course!

And like I said, Mr. Boat... right after that first million, you're in!

Meanwhile, the Rickeyird seems to have moved on. He read the paper and has some advice for everybody...

wvJgpEG.jpg

I love this.
Let's all (avian and human and other) celebrate ourselves' goodness (okay and badness, in Rb's case).
HAPPY "YOU'RE JUST YOU!" DAY, to all my (and the Rb's) friends here!

Tu4SZZD.jpg

It is true.
BUT I WAS VERY YOUNG AND NAIVE AND FOOLISH!
Still, the thing that embarasses me most is that this photo is clearly from the 1880s. I swear, I'm not a day over 95.

Last edited:
Tu4SZZD.jpg

It is true.
BUT I WAS VERY YOUNG AND NAIVE AND FOOLISH!
Still, the thing that embarasses me most is that this photo is clearly from the 1880s. I swear, I'm not a day over 95.

Turkey's comment to Gail(? or whoever?): Is that what it looks like to be 'censored' by the FBI! Your lucky it wasn't a Librarian that 'censored' you! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back