The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

A SWAT (Senegals With Atta Tudes) Team surrounds the Rb's house, alarming all within.
A phone call between Nigel and the PataTHUGian ensues... it's determined that the big hen is harmless enough, but the Rickeybird calls in a favor. Nigel agrees to maintain the SWAT presence (screeching, knocking on windows and doors, and dive-pooping the windows) for a few hours just so the Rb can capitalize on the situation by monopolizing his nervous hen's evening with his crass roosterly attentions. Nigel and the Rb will share a good chuckle soon.

And more adventures in Gladware...

He likes this one as a hat. Dapper!
NYm7OLz.jpg

It's a good hat for dancing, too!

Or maybe wrestling. It's hard to tell the difference when the Rb busts his moves.

Last edited:
He makes me think of some sort pf perverted parrot astronaut. Buzz Lightpatagonian. Parrotnaut. Astropsitacine. But not right. Not right on any planet.
You just look silly, bird.

Omg you guys are geat and both heacka cute lol i hope me and lucky bird lol ( i stared calling him lucky bird because i liked you calling Rickey You're Rickey bird lol hope you or Rickey bird dont mind lol) ive almost had lucky bkrd a year now 3 months zhort i have to say parrots are freaking hella amazing thanks for sharing sry im lat to post here i hope to hear of mlre from you and the Rickey bird

The plastic 'hat' reminds me of the 'Cocktail and Office Parties' of the 1950's & 1960's where the Straight and Mixed Drinks lead the way to many of the odd headwear commonly seen in movies and television shows (think lamp shade).

RickeyBird's actions bare resemblances of the results of those Parties!

Rock-On, RickeyBird! Rock-On!

Last edited:
Luckybird it is! Lb for short, Jen. I love it.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I knew that hat thing reminded me of SOMETHING, Mr. Boat! Yesss, a drunken partier who suddenly needs to wear a lampshade or KFC bucket or popcorn bowl. I have also seen this phenomenon at karaoke parties and backyard barbecue dancing.

RB is just too much! Only he would put that on his head on purpose! His antics must keep you in perpetual stitches. (Uhmmm... not the literal kind... right?)

The plastic 'hat' reminds me of the 'Cocktail and Office Parties' of the 1950's & 1960's where the Straight and Mixed Drinks lead the way to many of the odd headwear commonly seen in movies and television shows (think lamp shade).

RickeyBird's actions bare resemblances of the results of those Parties!

Rock-On, RickeyBird! Rock-On!

The office cockatiel party!

Anansi, thanks. He is such a character. He liked an opaque container as a hat, but kept running into things. Now he can see where he's going! A while back, there was a little parrot (GCC, I think) that liked putting paper cups on its head... I can't for the life of me remember who.

I used to work in a prison (for true)... there really is an expression...
"Snitches get stitches and wind up in ditches."

Yes, Amazonienne. Cockatiel Party! BYOG. Bring your own Gladware.

LOL RICKEYBIRDS
*c o n t i n u e d*

I just ran across this at random, while surfing...
Pretty funny!
A random Rickeybird wreaking havoc!

ddaAL8e.jpg

...A while back, there was a little parrot (GCC, I think) that liked putting paper cups on its head... I can't for the life of me remember who....

I think that was my girl! She's not nearly as animated. She plops the dixie cup on her head and just chills. An empty fruit cup also works in a pinch.

sassibird-albums-misc-picture17806-sassi-s-new-dixie-cup-hat.jpg

That's the one, yesssssss!!!!!
Thank you for posting that.
It was driving me nuts trying to remember who it was.
Maybe it's a conure THANG... wearing this stuff.
Too funny.

Agreed! He'd better have his fun and scram!

From what I read, Patagonians in their native lands can be as pesky and aggravating as our pigeons. Some who get used to handouts will then sometimes actually attack people or swoop by and steal their street-food snacks.

Has the makings of a movie! Oh wait, there was one: The Birds!

That movie has likely been the reason for far too many Bird phobias.

Sequel: The RickeyBird(s)!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back