The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

The Rickeybird Scrapbook
October 29, 2016

As the days grow shorter, the Rickeybird goes to bed earlier and earlier.
The house is so peaceful and quiet when his majesty has retired for the evening... *sigh*

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpv6TTiONeg"]rickeybirdproductions: Bedtime. - YouTube[/ame]

I was just listening to NPR... a feature on a 12th-ish century poet... Rumi.
My life has just been enriched. Wow.

"Birdsong brings relief
to my longing
I'm just as ecstatic as they are,
but with nothing to say!
Please universal soul, practice
some song or something through me!"

Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi

I'm going to read more...

This is a special post for me.
Some of you know that our member Marileen makes amazing crochet art, some traditional and some very innovative, such as 3-D "sculptures". She can make ANYTHING out of yarn, I think. Recently she offered to make me a Rickeybird, and I gratefully accepted. She absolutely refused to let me pay, so... in return, I used my art medium (painting) to make a portrait of her two African Greys, Harry and Toon, very personalized (with their different shadings and postures, as well as Harry's "special" foot). We agreed to post our portraits here, in thanks to everybody for making this a community where stuff like this can happen, and also to show off our boys!
Okay, Marileen... post that Patagonian!

Tadaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.......I present The SilentRickyBird :D:D

20161026_174732.jpg

img1477500402366.jpg

Gail your painting of my GreyBoys is so beautiful!!!!
The expression in the eyes ..... the figure of Toon ..... Harry's paw!!!!
It is INCREDIBLE!!!

Seems that somebody has a problem with the SBird (Silent Rickeybird)...

These are amazing! Both the silent RB and the artwork! You ladies are incredibly talented!

Thank you, Terry!
I have made so many wonderful friends here.
And I've wanted to meet somebody from The Netherlands ever since I got a crush on Rutger Hauer!!!!!!!!
Marileen and I share a lot of characteristics and experiences, it turns out, and when we discovered that we were also both artists, we just had to exchange bird portraits.
I need to do her budgie Bob next...

Will do!

Geeeee, we've been blessed here with so many heartwarming and heartrending stories here lately... Harry, Russell, Oliver... many more. Such wonderful little spirits transcending the unthinkable.

And then there's the Rickeybird, for whom I've done my level best, from the moment I adopted him, doted on him tolerantly, spared no expense, never lifted a hand to him, and have foregone adventures and luxuries for him, and...

He's not nice, not smart, not appreciative, not neat, has no conscience, and has destroyed and vandalized and in general, terrorized my household for decades, and sings J-Lo songs instead of learning to say "I love you" (which he hears at least ten times a day). And I love him with all my heart and soul. Dreadful bird.

Can we make a sticky out of this video? Sometimes I need to see it.
UPDATE! THIS JUST IN!

The Rickeybird STILL hates the DEMON BALL!

The gift that keeps on giving... it NEVER gets old!

Mr. Goodwrench (Al) gave us this toy ages ago (as the virgin adventure in the 'Members Give Away' thread). The Rickeybird seems to relish vanquishing it from his palatial penthouse estate. The ball has retained its powers! I let the bird blow off steam by trashing it a few times, nightly, before we settle down for evening cuddling 'vespers'. A mighty rooster needs to boot a demon or two before relaxing with his hen.

rickeybirdproductions - DEMON BALL - STILL! - YouTube

Babygurl, I am a total techno-dweeb... no clue!
But there are always the links in my signature and... thanks for THAT link.
I have no need for links... I see it play out nightly. DEMON BOUNCEYBALLLLLL!!!!

Babygurl, I am a total techno-dweeb... no clue!
But there are always the links in my signature and... thanks for THAT link.
I have no need for links... I see it play out nightly. DEMON BOUNCEYBALLLLLL!!!!

I use the sig link to get to Day in The Life on YouTube, but the demonball fight and Geiger counter aren't there! It would be a valuable service to humanity to have those videos in the Rickeybird's channel. Oh god, it's the most hilarious thing I've seen a bird do.

This is a special post for me.
Some of you know that our member Marileen makes amazing crochet art, some traditional and some very innovative, such as 3-D "sculptures". She can make ANYTHING out of yarn, I think. Recently she offered to make me a Rickeybird, and I gratefully accepted. She absolutely refused to let me pay, so... in return, I used my art medium (painting) to make a portrait of her two African Greys, Harry and Toon, very personalized (with their different shadings and postures, as well as Harry's "special" foot). We agreed to post our portraits here, in thanks to everybody for making this a community where stuff like this can happen, and also to show off our boys!
Okay, Marileen... post that Patagonian!

Tadaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.......I present The SilentRickyBird :D:D

20161026_174732.jpg

img1477500402366.jpg

Gail your painting of my GreyBoys is so beautiful!!!!
The expression in the eyes ..... the figure of Toon ..... Harry's paw!!!!
It is INCREDIBLE!!!

Gail and Marileen, both the portrait of Harry and Toon and the 3D image of the SRB in the tree are brilliant. Lovely artwork, Ladies!!!

I always look forward to catching up with the Rickeybird in this thread, it's a special treat. Gail, please don't allow your handsome boy to hear you badmouth him, oh go ahead, let him hear you, he knows you love him unconditionally! Now that you've read Lady Harry's story you know why Harry and RB must never meet!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back