The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

LaManuka, Christa... I learned a new phrase. I'm usually pretty down wit gangsta-speak, but now I've been exposed to a New Zealand hashtag. And I get the Ricky reference, too. This site is so darned educational!

LaManuka, you READ all that? I owe you some aspirin. I am a little relieved to know you're not psychic, though.

Christa, that's precious. Thanks! I've heard tales about Middle Earth Kea Demolition Teams...

Top Definitions of a Skux -

1. A rooster who has it well with the henzszszs and the ladeeeeezz
2. Has mastery. An ability that is considered good.
3. Skuxness - A natural aura some roosterrzz are well known to have.
4. Can be used as an insult!
5. A prettyboy rooster who overdresses for the occasion.
6. Is a pro in the affairs of the bird peeplz.

For example - "Ya knowz, he was being a skux to all the ladeeezzz."
or "That Rickeybird is a skux on the guitar!" or "Man when I walk into a room the muzik goze quiet, and everybodeez is feeling my skuxness" or "Hey bro, you're a Skux!" or even "Rickeybird, he's a skux bro. He has all them henszszszs hook-ups!"

Folks in NZ would say the Rickeybird is one bad egg.

ChristaNL, that post of the keas is hilarious! Have you seen any film of them destroying cars in a carpark? They actually laugh while they're doing it, a little contact cackle that is both evil and screamingly funny. Unless of course its your car they're destroying!

#skuxlife

aM9MV8w.jpg

"Hey, yo, Manuka, I got yer sixx definitions fer sure.

I got it wayyyy well on henz n ladiez.
I master on my own domain!
I got skuxness overload, it rollin off my back.
You a skux if you don't see I am skux!
I got so much skux I had to update my shirt with skux.
Don't nothin happen here that I not on top of it!

Skux Out!
The Rickeybird, which am ME"

Well, it looks like we've got the Six Corollaries... it's a thing, then.
#badegg

OMG thatā€™s the funniest thing Iā€™ve ever seen, Iā€™m crying with laughter THANK YOU ā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø And the ultimate irony is that the ā€œbad eggā€ in that movie is named, drumroll... Ricky! Itā€™s like destiny or fate or universes colliding! I donā€™t know how you do it Gail but Iā€™m so happy that you do :)

#Word

Wut just happinned here??? :confused:

Jim :confused:

Jim bro! Dontcha know, tha gangsta Roosta is indahouse!

#skuxlife
#RooStarz

And it all coincides with the happiest occurrence of the day in our household... the sun has gone down and the rooster is... roosted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And peace descends at last :) Hubby sez to say yes he knows he's gorgeous, my very own domesticated silverback gorilla that he is!

BTW love the new avatar with the little Lucifer peeking out behind you. Is he smiling because he's just pooped down your back ?:)

Now you're being psychic again, LaManuka.
ANNNNND, you have caused another regrettable limerick from the Limerickeybird...
See below.

nCxsIgz.jpg

"That avatar's cute, that's a fack.
But playin tricks? I got a knack.
I look like I'm smilin,

My beak so bequilin,
Cuz I just pooped right down her back!"

Last edited:
aM9MV8w.jpg

"Hey, yo, Manuka, I got yer sixx definitions fer sure.

I got it wayyyy well on henz n ladiez.
I master on my own domain!
I got skuxness overload, it rollin off my back.
You a skux if you don't see I am skux!
I got so much skux I had to update my shirt with skux.
Don't nothin happen here that I not on top of it!

Skux Out!
The Rickeybird, which am ME"

Well, it looks like we've got the Six Corollaries... it's a thing, then.
#badegg

Oh my goodness!!! He had gone native!!!! Lamanuka I'm going to have to find a way to work this into every conversation!!! RickyBird has the best PR staff!!!

Guys you gotta stop making me laugh so much! Iā€™m on a bus heading for work & people are lookin at me funny!!

#BaciKisses

Dearest Laura, there is no vogue, culture or craze that the Rb cannot corrupt, just by his very existence.

Last edited:
You are a co-conspirator, LaManuka! You deserve to be looked-at-funny, with all due respect and affection.

What did that priest say? ā€œLittle Lucifer doesnā€™t need a blessing, he needs an exorcism!ā€ ;)

Geez, LaM, you really did read the whole dang scrapbook. Oh yes, I was there. The priest reluctantly laid hands on the the tail feathers as my wife restrained the bird against her chest as he screamed and snapped. There was a crowd of maybe 100 slack-jawed people with their cute dogs, cats, hamsters and a few other sorts of critters. He said "Some animals are less in need of a blessing and more in need of an EX-OR-CISM!"

In that spirit (in my self-appointed capacity as Scrapbook Archivist), I give you...............

TOP THREE PHOTOS PROVING THAT THE BIRD IS EVIL

Salty knows.
F56ZSrk.jpg

Unaltered entry.
3N06nOS.jpg

Need I say more?
FFBOuhc.jpg

I thank you.

Rival, some people might suggest you are the jealous type with far too much time on your hands. But not me, I recognise the pattern of behaviour. It stems from spending many years languishing at the bottom of the pecking order. My LSH (long suffering husband) is the same. Heā€™s seen your work and itā€™s been quite therapeutic for him - he understands now heā€™s not the only one....

So please Rival, do continue with your valuable contributions, you are a beacon of hope to all those lonely souls out there like my LSH. You have much in common - like the need to take a concrete pill and harden the heck up!! ;)

Ladies, I do appreciate you. And any associated LSHs or LSPs (partners)!

The Rival does love to avenge himself now and then. Afterwards, he rubs his hands together and chuckles at his own cleverness for a good while. I can always tell when he's been at it again.

I have a funny feeling that the Rb may be working on a little "compilation" of his own... something along the lines of a satire about his Rival. I will have to help him since he doesn't know what satire is and can't be trusted around a keyboard.

To be continued...

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back