The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd... on a lighter note...

This is one of the Rickeybird's cousins in his native land.
It's one of the cutest play sequences I've ever seen. A Rickeybird is known as a 'Loro Barranquero' (Burrowing/Canyon Parrot) there. The Rickeybird played like this as a baby, but after he became a rooster, his dignity put a stop to such foolishness. This young bird is playing with a pepper... a Habanero? Maybe all Rickeybirds love peppers as much as mine does.

Last edited by a moderator:
In another attempt to curry favor with my wife concerning the Bird (in a way that involves no direct contact with the demon), I give you this in my capacity as Scrapbook Archivist........................
"The Bird and His Peppers [a compendium]"

0iYaBhT.png

Don't hold your breath, Bird. Or better yet, do.

bUABZFe.jpg

Sure, Bird, sure.

PxjOlNb.jpg

This is from the first pages of the original physical scrapbook @1990ish? It's a blurry picture and the wife drew some stuff. I don't really get it but it has something to do with a pepper.

And for now my work is done.
:22:

d433b30f71204dc09f8dd4b7dd9de6e5.jpg

Kevin and his bodyguard ‘too got into RB’s private stash of hooch. Of course Kevin destroyed all photo evidence of his presence prior to leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rickeybird is forced to make a run to the store for some familiar consolations.

M1Y4WMq.png

AruKGxJ.jpg

"Oh, yeah! I can tell that's a hen what nose how to party!"

Oh, Rickeybird!

LOL...oh Rickey you certainly are one of a kind! :D You too Ms Gail! ;)

Jim

Rival here, Scrapbook Archivist, ON DUTY.
FIDS IN THE KITCHEN????? The record is clear. Not a good thing.
The Scrapbook tells the tale........................................................

UEwjao5.jpg

Ps4L9dz.jpg

p1d7KL0.jpg

ptrYgVC.jpg

Hat brightened my day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScoMo took over the kitchen for potty training today (ewww, but whatever works, right!) For Read A Book day we perused that perennial favourite “Guide to a Well Behaved Parrot” that great work of fiction, right Rickeybird? Only good for shredding.

Keep em coming Rickeybird & Rival you guys are a riot!:)

It can imagine for some unknown reason that like in the movie "The Sixth Sense" the kid says "I see dead people"...I can imagine RB motioning for me to come closer and closer so he can whisper me a secret...."I bite people." "How often do you bite them?" I ask. "All the time." Replies RB. Hey but that's just me lol.

Silver, happy to contibute a smile... you do so much for us here.

Lea, thank you for exposing a new horror... bananabuse! It must stop!

LaManuka, the Rb would indeed deem "A Well Behaved Parrot" to be fiction, worthy of a good shredding... or pooping. Oh, and I'm happy that ScoMo observed National FidsTakeOverTheKitchen Day.

Sunny... that was epic... thank you!
Exhibt A​

Z78DoCA.jpg

"I bite people... all the time..."
Oh, Rickeybird! And nobody's buying that crocodile tear.

Love love love the Chronicles of the Rickeybird, even if his mom can’t spell his name right! You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, Rickeybird will bite, all at the same time! Do the eyes in his portrait follow you around the room?! Oh Rickeybird you little Lucifer :) ❤️

You say the most psychic things, LaManuka!

Yeah, I used to send in letters and photos to BIRD TALK Magazine, and they consistently corrected his name spelling to "Ricky"... geez. Like I can't spell my bird's name right.

And... yes, the eyes follow you, in that portrait AND the realistic one I painted. In fact, I have a pet portrait business, and I specialize in making the eyes follow!

Lastly, the Rb *IS* a little Lucifer, and I used to refer to him as such.

If you get a vision of the next time he's going to bite my ear, do let me know.

That’ll be any ..... moment.......... wait... for..... iiiiiittt ..... NOW!!!

I’m not psychic, I just read thru the previous several hundred pages devoted to the Rickeybird’s charmed life he has led with you, and laughed my derriere clean off! The little maggot!! :)

But in truth Rickeybird, you didn’t choose the skux life, the skux life chose you. Gangstaaaaa!!

#skuxlife

Last edited:
LaManuka knows the drill:

FBe6Irn.jpeg

(RB has followers all over the world, most likely)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back