The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

oyBp2Nd.png

"Sock ray blue, Monsooor Boats. Parlay voo Froncaaayyy??? My hen parlays the Frinch an you not just whistlin la Dixee about that. Mare see bow coo!!!"

I am always amazed when I see pictures of the Rb's natural habitat, the Monte Desert (and nearby areas) in Patagonia. It's not the sort of habitat we usually associate with parrots!
Here are some looks at it. First, the map. Next is the arid plains and cacti, with low mountains in the background. Third is a closer look at the type of limestone bluffs in which they dig their nesting burrows. Fourth is a wild Rickeybird surveying his kingdom, kinda like my Rb does when he perches on the drapes in our livingroom.

pRA1O4N.png

puqRQ6c.jpg

udQcyBv.jpg

Jcz3YXs.jpg

That was an impressive look at the wilds of Patagonia.
As the tireless self-appointed archivist of this scrapbook I felt the duty to compile this reminder of previous posts which display the true nature of Patagonians in the WILD.

FmkB4yc.jpg

bvzZU1X.jpg

gOCseAI.jpg

YTxBGOD.jpg

ZzHsiB4.jpg

yF2K7o1.jpg

1Lh3aBi.jpg

kAuQKw9.jpg

Hahahahaha! High comedy! Thank you, Master Archivist, for making sure to keep the experience of this thread in its proper perspective. Hilarity!

HthCfGZ.jpg

"Thank you Mr. 'Nansi, the archivisst he werks for me, so does the Scrapbook hen, they my minions, I pays 'em in SCREAMS an' BITES!" *hehehehehehehehehe*

Hahahahaha! High comedy! Thank you, Master Archivist, for making sure to keep the experience of this thread in its proper perspective. Hilarity!

"High comedy" eh? As opposed to the low comedy provided by Capt. Thighbite and Salty? That's it - no more oartot puns. Don't be surrpised if you see comments by a Prof. Birdofski.

ssNPrLR.jpg

"You come work for me, Professor Birdofski, an' I hook you up with some of my new medicineVasotec, not sure what it does but it comes in a spoonful of tastee aLmond butter! Anywayy you can do smart researcch for me on hot henz an' what kinda comedy THEY like!"

rgD56Ip.jpg

A1AFu05.jpg

Oh, no... the Rb is growing a HIPSTER BEARD!

Better watch out Ms Gail..next thing you know RB will demandin' his own Harley :eek: Then again,Pattagoonians might prefer Crouch Rockets!

Jim

Last edited:
For those of you who DO speak French... the Scrapbook extends apologies for the abuse of a lovely Romance language.
For those of you who DO NOT... you're *SO* lucking out!
Lol
Merci.
Oiseau Ricky est très agréable et toi aussi.

rgD56Ip.jpg

A1AFu05.jpg

Better watch out Ms Gail..next thing you know RB will demandin' his own Harley :eek: Then again,Pattagoonians might prefer Crouch Rockets!

Jim
I'm not sure you're entirely up to speed on hipsters these days. They prefer to ride regular bikes to save the environment and are vegan. Duh! Also they have long handlebar mustaches to go with thos beards.

Jim and I need a hipster tutorial, eh?

Let's sign up, Jim!

rgD56Ip.jpg

A1AFu05.jpg

Jim
I'm not sure you're entirely up to speed on hipsters these days. They prefer to ride regular bikes to save the environment and are vegan. Duh! Also they have long handlebar mustaches to go with thos beards.

I dunno Desi..riding bicycles..makes it difficult for Rickeybirds to ride up to someone and steal their chili's and make a quick get away :p

Jim

Good point, Jim.

Hipster, eh? It won't last.

As Scrapbook Archivist, I present the following evidence.
"The Many Faces of the Rickeybird"

Thug
XmQJhFP.jpg

Downtown Dude
jLV84ZO.jpg

Playrooster
lRuIF6R.jpg

Count Rickula for Halloween
NU5pCd0.jpg

Grinch for Christmas
oSIdHg2.jpg

My work is done here.

Just back from our most recent three-week check-in for a blood panel as we're striving to titrate the Vasotec (Enalapril) to manage... A SEIZURE (in early May!) which was the first sign of trouble, and which alerted us to HYPOXIA/HEART DYSFUNCTION, which is indicated by a lab test which shows the HEMATOCRIT LEVEL.
Usual desirable hematocrit - 40-50%
Rb's previous levels - 58-63%
Today's level - 55%!
Our vet says he'd be happy with >52%, given the Rb's age.
So 3 weeks from now, we'll see.

I love that the Rb is getting so relaxed at the office. He used to be terrified; now he's just grouchy. He even preens and snacks and plays with toys, as he watches the door where the vet enters, exclaiming "No!" every now and then as he waits.

I'm more relaxed, too.

I promised the Rb I'd outlive him and see him out in style. I'm so grateful for our vet, and for this community!

We all love RB Gail...and you too! ;) You guys are the BEST :07: You too...Mr. R :p

Jim

nCxsIgz.jpg

"Today is NATIONAL HANDSHAKE DAY! You there, with the hands.., bring one of them to my beak..."

Thank you, Major TOM!

It's therapy for all three of us, believe me!

Most Reactions

Back