The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

Bird Talk is supposed to be coming out again soon. I presubscribed and get email newsletters but no dead tree version yet.

Wouldn't surprise me K if it was just found on the innerweb..I probably would subscribe if I can actually HOLD it in my hands ;)

Jim

Bird Talk is supposed to be coming out again soon. I presubscribed and get email newsletters but no dead tree version yet.

Wouldn't surprise me K if it was just found on the innerweb..I probably would subscribe if I can actually HOLD it in my hands [emoji6]

Jim

There’s a thread here somewhere about it. I think I posted it, but I may have seen an article and someone else posted here around the same time. It’s supposed to be real paper and come in the mail like the good old days.
EDIT: Found it

Bird Talk is Back
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...orums.com/showthread.php?t=72739&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ah, yes...
Pet rocks, Hairbrush Mics, and... the Rb in Bird Talk Magazine!

~From the original physical Rickeybird Scrapbook~

vjTOb6X.jpg

Ahhhhhh, the 80s..........
Don't forget big hair................er.................... big feathers.

9kSHyMl.jpg

Okay, I admit it, he's somewhat cute at times.

I'm resurrecting this entry. It was re-enacted today while the Rb was going in to see his avian veterinarian.

You can see his little heart gradually break as he realizes where we're headed. It's the one place where he gets away with NOTHING. Dr. Lindstrom puts up with no monkey business, or in this case, no rickey business.

At his age, the Rb goes in twice a year. The old rotation was February and August, but February is so COLD, and August is right in the middle of his big moult (wings, tail... all those vulnerable blood feathers) so we're switching over to April and October.

He's in perfect health, says Dr. L., and seems to be looking and feeling great.
Dr. L. tells me that the Rb is the only Patagonian in his practice these days, in contrast to the 15-25 back in the 80s. Noise and rowdiness have apparently not contributed to sustained popularity, despite a boom in peoples' early enthusiasm about owning the largest conure.

s4SeUSA.jpg

Always glad to hear that the RB is fit! He is cute, no matter what else may or may not be wrong with him. Its interesting to know that parrot species go in and out of fashion.

Glad to hear RB is in good health. Yay! Long live Ricky Birb!

KPuOjWs.png

"Well thank ya ladiez an yes Im fit as a fiddle an finer than a 33 year ole wine an I got some tastee pecans to share with either of ya special girlz or maybe that sweet lil Bumble, just sayin'!"

KPuOjWs.png

"Well thank ya ladiez an yes Im fit as a fiddle an finer than a 33 year ole wine an I got some tastee pecans to share with either of ya special girlz or maybe that sweet lil Bumble, just sayin'!"

Im is the healthiest parrot EVER, my health is the best, there has never been a more healthier parrot than ME.

KPuOjWs.png

Bumble is too little for pecans, dirty old man! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Y'all made me laugh and laugh, so early in the morning! Absolutely priceless!

Great start to my day!

xoxoxo

Nigel sends his warm regards to Rickeybird for the awesome fresh chilis this evening!

A new obsession hereabouts. Nigel refused them forever until recently - now it is the go-to bribe.

Okay, Nigel... you inspired a quick redux for those members new to the chile antics...
Circa 1990... the original gangsta physical scrapbook
PxjOlNb.jpg

Circa 2000... our virtual scrapbook
fTj4YOv.jpg

Circa 2017
ODE TO GREEN CHILES!
(Or... how the only way I get him back into hia cage is with the magical CHILE-LURE!)

O dear green chiles, my saviours so true -
I have no control 'o'er the R-bird 'cept you -
His love for you is much more than for me -
You lure him back into his cage - BITE-FREE!
Your succulent fire-seeded magical heat!
Enchants him! Rickeybird's in the cage. Sweet!
-GaleriaGila (aka ME)

Luv ya, Nigel-baby!

Last edited:
And now for something completely different...

Ohio NATIVE Weird Al's Parody of "Tryin' to Catch Me Ridin' Dirty"... Weird Al's sonng is "Guess I'm just Too White and Nerdy". And then the Rickeybird's version...

NRz7s4S.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there’s a fine Eclectus out there somewhere [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hahaha! Bite your tongue! Maya is banned from this thread in case she develops a taste for Patagonian bad boys!

And now for something completely different...

Ohio NATIVE Weird Al's Parody of "Tryin' to Catch Me Ridin' Dirty"... Weird Al's sonng is "Guess I'm just Too White and Nerdy". And then the Rickeybird's version...

"Weird Al" Yankovic - White & Nerdy Official Music Video - YouTube

NRz7s4S.jpg

Hahahahaha! Weird Al has always cracked me up! And the RB is proving a worthy successor!

NOW look what y'all made me resurrect!

jLV84ZO.jpg

"I got yer Patagonian bad boyy right here!"

Last edited:
Weird Al is certainly one of a kind...my fav was when he did his rendition of Michael Jacksons "Beat It" I think Al called it "Eat It"...wemt something like "Eat it! Eat it!! open up your mouth and feed it!" or something like that! :rolleyes:

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back