The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

"Public Service Announcement!
Today is NATIONAL TEFLON DAY, buttttttt...

nFedIPJ.jpg

Remember that over-heated Teflon is deadly to birds... best not to have it in the house. It can hide in hair-wands, ironing board covers, all kinds of stuff!
Teflon Toxicity (PTFE Toxicosis) in Birds | Animal Planet
Celebrate NATIONAL TEFLON DAY by knowing about its danger!"

No Rickeybirds ( or others,for that matter) were harmed in this photo shoot! ;)

Jim

99% of his day is spent screaming and snapping and destroying things and throwing food, buttt... every now and then, just for a moment, he becomes a precious sleeping fluffball, muttering sweet nothings in his sleep.
*sigh* Oh, Rickeybird...
Vr3TXQ9.jpg

Tomorrow is National CHERISH AN ANTIQUE Day. Gee, we'll have to figure out a way to celebrate your special day, you old feather duster. Maybe we can use you to clean the plants. :)

Wildlife scientists have discovered a vocalization associated with dominance challenges among wild male Rickeybirds in Patagonia.
CCI3Mn8.jpg

"Come at me, Bro'!"

C'mon you guys! (Ms Gail and Mr R) you make out that poor Rickey is a monster,hooligan,feathery critter,and just a plain 'ol trouble maker EVERY day :eek: Certainly he must have his good points! ( and NOT when he is fast asleep either,Mr R ! :p
I'd like to hear what he has to say about you two LMAO ;) I AM joking of course! you guys know that...right?...RIGHT???? :20:

Jim

For some reason, this comes to mind.
Here's a photo of me and the Rb Skyping with Mr. Wrench on Salty's first birthday a while back.

s8yQ9Ij.jpg

The Yin and Yang of the parrot world. Salty the All-American Angel (smart, cute, so well-trained) and the Rickeybird (you about covered it above, Jim!).
Most parrots are probably somewhere in between, and we love them all!
Jim, your Beebs is also so sweet and adorable, and Mr. Boats, your Julio is an Amazon and therefore perfect, of course (absolutely true)!
Yesss, I do love that Rb.

For some reason, this comes to mind.
Here's a photo of me and the Rb Skyping with Mr. Wrench on Salty's first birthday a while back.

s8yQ9Ij.jpg

The Yin and Yang of the parrot world. Salty the All-American Angel (smart, cute, so well-trained) and the Rickeybird (you about covered it above, Jim!).
Most parrots are probably somewhere in between, and we love them all!
Jim, your Beebs is also so sweet and adorable, and Mr. Boats, your Julio is an Amazon and therefore perfect, of course (absolutely true)!
Yesss, I do love that Rb.

Awwwww lol...just look at him! Very intently watching Al and Salty via skype..now THAT is precious Ms Gail! Thank you for posting ;)

Jim

Posted online by the digital version of the Greytown chronicle (think Wikileaks): Nigel, in his self-imposed exile that has the cover of “medical leave” has actually been working with the budgies to hack into RBs and Sally’s communications. To what end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awwww RB has a friend. <3

KILL....INGGG...ME!!!! :)

Jim

26c49d0e0ab6169d6a8f8baaf24f66c2.jpg

From the Greytown Chronicle. Lorikeets are now seen following in the RBs footsteps *note Cockatoos did not erase the Lorikeets.

Posted online by the digital version of the Greytown chronicle (think Wikileaks): Nigel, in his self-imposed exile that has the cover of “medical leave” has actually been working with the budgies to hack into RBs and Sally’s communications. To what end?

Awwww RB has a friend. <3

To what end, in deed!!! Hmmm, RB has a friend!!!
One can feel the tension in the air!!!

And, in other news: Filing for this Summers elections closed Friday last. Interestingly, the Senior Partner of the Yellow-Nape Law Offices is the only one running for the District Judge position.

The Rb wants to introduce his bookie to the new Yellow Nape District Judge AND Nigel!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back