The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

That Skype session has grown into MEME around here.

Kirby has embellished the story so shamelessly that the myth is now that the Rickeybird was so loud and rude that anytime there's mention of a party on the Forums, everybody posts in unison that THE RICKEYBIRD ISN'T INVITED!!!!! So now ANYTIME a party is mentioned around here, everybody present yells that...

THE RICKEYBIRD ISN'T INVITED!!!

When did that ever stop Rickybird! A party is a party and doors are make to open.

Especially if he thinks hot henz might be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henz or not,Inger..a partaay is a partaay to RB...always made to be crashed!
( What 'Boats said too!)

Jim

The Rickeybird says...
"These wild Rickeybird roosters and hot hens throws their own party, an ONLY Rickeybirds is invited! Party in Patagonia! Put yer wings in the air like ya just... YOU know!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and in related news...

CntXrH4.jpg

And the Cavs lost the first game. Game two is tonight. Do me a favor, Bird, you too Louie, don't jinx Lebron with another bet of saltines and a pecan for crying out loud. Bet with money and hot checks like the rest of us.

Larry Bird... a blast from the past.
Here's another!

A BLAST FROM THE RICKEYBIRD'S PAST!

This performance is @1985 (around the same time as the middle photo below, Gawd help me). The Rb was about a year old.
"Hey, Mickey" was a mega-hit in the 80s, and I sang it to the Rb a LOT as "HEY RICKEY". A friend sent me this link and I was instantly transported back to the early days with the Rb... back when I thought he might actually grow up, calm down, and become a good parrot! (Kidding, not kidding)

Join me in the 80s for a few minutes?
I recommend grabbing your imaginary pom-poms and cranking this up!

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: Flashbacks! Anyone seen my pet rock??:rolleyes:

Jim

I used to play that song at full volume while dancing in my bedroom singing into a hairbrush!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A BLAST FROM THE RICKEYBIRD'S PAST!

This performance is @1985 (around the same time as the middle photo below, Gawd help me). The Rb was about a year old.
"Hey, Mickey" was a mega-hit in the 80s, and I sang it to the Rb a LOT as "HEY RICKEY". A friend sent me this link and I was instantly transported back to the early days with the Rb... back when I thought he might actually grow up, calm down, and become a good parrot! (Kidding, not kidding)

Join me in the 80s for a few minutes?
I recommend grabbing your imaginary pom-poms and cranking this up!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a15HRV0mX0"]Toni Basil: Mickey (Kenny Everett Video Show) - YouTube[/ame]
I have heard my wife singing this little anthem many times over the years whilst Bird and she were cavorting about. Do I, her loyal and long-suffering husband, have a similar theme-song? No. No, I do not. :47::D:26:

Ah, yes...
Pet rocks, Hairbrush Mics, and... the Rb in Bird Talk Magazine!

~From the original physical Rickeybird Scrapbook~

vjTOb6X.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, yes...
Pet rocks, Hairbrush Mics, and... the Rb in Bird Talk Magazine!

~From the original physical Rickeybird Scrapbook~

vjTOb6X.jpg

I subscribed to that Mag when Smokes joined the household. The CAV I have used for the last thirty years had a couple copies in the waiting room. That mag (and my friend Franks' BF Apollo) pushed me in the direction in finding Amy..its was in the back pages of that mag that I found Amys' breeder :D
I think I still have most of the issues lol..Learned a lot of good stuff from that publication.

Hey Mr R??? I have an era correct song for you..how 'bout Bon Jovi's song " Living on My Hair"??? ( Living on A Prayer ??) :rolleyes: :D :p

Jim

Y'all, I would wait for that mag to arrive and then race to one of my hideouts to enjoy it, cover to cover. I loved every glossy, colorful, ad-filled page! I saved them all for a long time, moved them carefully from residence to residence until they got soaked in a little flood while in storage.

By the way, I think that Bird Talk issue above is actually 1989. There is some damage to the top, but examination of the actual page tells me it looks m0re like July of 1989. Not sure how that happened...

Y'all, I would wait for that mag to arrive and then race to one of my hideouts to enjoy it, cover to cover. I loved every glossy, colorful, ad-filled page! I saved them all for a long time, moved them carefully from residence to residence until they got soaked in a little flood while in storage.

By the way, I think that Bird Talk issue above is actually 1989. There is some damage to the top, but examination of the actual page tells me it looks m0re like July of 1989. Not sure how that happened...

Yessiree Ms Gail! Mom and I were always on the look-out for the mail person,every month on a certain day...to try and beat each other to get that mag...lol..wow Gail...you just brought back a flood of very cool memories..thank you my dear friend!

Jim

Wow, Jim... yeah... VERY sweet memories.

Here's a re-post of a photo of a very sentimental page from the Rb's original scrapbook. So long ago. I was so insecure and uncertain. Now, all these years later... I look back and...

Yeah, sweet, sweet memories.

hHAIqTs.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back