The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

I just remembered a fleeting memory of a dream last night! (3-31-2018)
The Rb was somehow featured in miniature guise on my right index finger. Have no recollection of the event or any other background info. However, earlier in the day I was intrigued by a Tumblr feature of tiny "dollhouse" birds made, IIRC, in Denmark.

Weird!

That is VERY weird. Funny you had a dream on the very day I was going to post this. Just ran across it on YouTube. It's a pair, deep in their limestone burrow in a clifff someplace in Patagonia... reportedly, the burrows can be 10-20 feet deep. The babies typically don't even come into the light until they're 10-12 weeks old. Anyway, these two birds are nodding off... probably dreaming about being miniatures on your finger and thinking to themselves... "WEIRD."

P.S.
I don't know whether to be flattered or apologetic that the Rb has invaded your slumber!

Last edited by a moderator:
A perfect example of Synchronicity, Gail. (not the song by Police!)

I'd be flattered the Rb invaded my slumber. He was far too small to peck out my eyes!! :D

Fascinating video of Patagonians; must be their vampire stage of development!

More of a nightmare, Scott!
And... still more of a nightmare, LeaKP!!!!

Meanwhile, back at the Patagonian Ranch...

aziuzHu.jpg

This is the Rb leaning wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out to try to grab the window blinds cord. It is one of his fondest fantasies, but just out of reach, and there's nothing satisfactory to perch on to get closer. Well, he could perch on the upper woodwork, maybe, but he isn't smart enough to think that far ahead, so he just leans. Every now and then he leans out too far and loses his hold and has to flap to the floor, screaming in fury. Sometimes he just leans and gazes at it, all starry-eyed, as he is doing here. I guess every Patagonian has a dream.

More of a nightmare, Scott!
And... still more of a nightmare, LeaKP!!!!

Meanwhile, back at the Patagonian Ranch...

aziuzHu.jpg

This is the Rb leaning wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out to try to grab the window blinds cord. It is one of his fondest fantasies, but just out of reach, and there's nothing satisfactory to perch on to get closer. Well, he could perch on the upper woodwork, maybe, but he isn't smart enough to think that far ahead, so he just leans. Every now and then he leans out too far and loses his hold and has to flap to the floor, screaming in fury. Sometimes he just leans and gazes at it, all starry-eyed, as he is doing here. I guess every Patagonian has a dream.

Finley reaches for the blinds cord that is just put off his reach too! Haha. One day my husband accidentally moved the tree stand over just so and all of Finley's dreams came true! For about 20 seconds he got to chew the cord...20 seconds bof bliss! Lol

Yes, Window of Dreams, Lea. Window of Dreeeeeeamzszszszs...

Oh, Finley, congratulations!
How his heart must have flown! Was he requited? Did that decrease or increase his desire?

c2aa7632174105be794d92cbc22d9cbc.jpg

These teenage pigeons were arrested for fouling the mouth of an unsuspecting human youngster. When interrogated, they pointed their claws at RB’s club.

So far, no comment has been issued from the Gentleroosters club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is VERY weird. Funny you had a dream on the very day I was going to post this. Just ran across it on YouTube. It's a pair, deep in their limestone burrow in a clifff someplace in Patagonia... reportedly, the burrows can be 10-20 feet deep. The babies typically don't even come into the light until they're 10-12 weeks old. Anyway, these two birds are nodding off... probably dreaming about being miniatures on your finger and thinking to themselves... "WEIRD."

P.S.
I don't know whether to be flattered or apologetic that the Rb has invaded your slumber!

Patagonian Conures in Nest Cavity - YouTube

Ahhhh...a Rickeybirds job is never done..:40:

Jim

LeaKP, you KNOW they're thinkin' it!

And Rival...

OMG, I just discovered that the Bird is past his Expiration Date. OUT HE GOES!

oXvtpBc.jpg

SEE?
qsbhOkM.jpg

THE RICKEYBIRD IS NOT EXPIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.R..ya gotta admit..that IS one handsome hoola..err...malcon...no WAIT!...connive....NO NO NO!!...I MEAN... <now what DO I mean??? :confused:> I ferget!

Jim

Jim, you crack me up every bit as much as I crack you up. I think we might as well call it even!!!!!!!!!

"Public Service Announcement!
Today is NATIONAL TEFLON DAY, buttttttt...

nFedIPJ.jpg

Remember that over-heated Teflon is deadly to birds... best not to have it in the house. It can hide in hair-wands, ironing board covers, all kinds of stuff!
Teflon Toxicity (PTFE Toxicosis) in Birds | Animal Planet
Celebrate NATIONAL TEFLON DAY by knowing about its danger!"

Most Reactions

Back