TeekoGreenCheek

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Okay guys! So.. Teeko is obsessed with saying "what you doing?" I guess he picked up on it. Because everyday I get home to let him out of his cage. I would say "hey teeko what you doing?" So now it's became constant. When I let him out he climbs to the top of his cage and goes.. "what you doing?" Over and over and over. Lol. And it's clear as day. I'm gonna try to get a video this evening to post up. It's hilarious

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
OP
TeekoGreenCheek

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
I think Teeko is trying to tell you to put a bowl full of yummy food in this metal ring!

What's with all the lights hanging down the wall? Aren't you worried Teeko will chew the bulbs and wires? The lights must look great when the room is dark.
I think Teeko is trying to tell you to put a bowl full of yummy food in this metal ring!

What's with all the lights hanging down the wall? Aren't you worried Teeko will chew the bulbs and wires? The lights must look great when the room is dark.
The lights are only plugged in at night. Teeko doesn't mess with them. His bedtime is 9pm everynight
It doesn't get dark in my area during winter months till 8:30 9pm he has a separate cage he sleeps in. This is his cage during the day, to play and exercise. He has toys which keeps him occupied. So in short story, no the lights aren't plugged in when he's up there. They a are battery powerd as well with a switch instead of outlet. He's very close by like right beside me, and if I leave that room he follows. So if he even tried I'd just tell him no. And he'd leave them alone. But he hasn't touched them once since he's been there. I have turnedthem on just for photos before though. And turn them back off. His cage is about 4 inches off the wall and he doesn't seem to like to lean or anything..
Re edit: I meant 7 to 8 lol

Last edited:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
The lights are only plugged in at night. Teeko doesn't mess with them. His bedtime is 9pm everynight
It doesn't get dark in my area during winter months till 8:30 9pm he has a separate cage he sleeps in. This is his cage during the day, to play and exercise. He has toys which keeps him occupied. So in short story, no the lights aren't plugged in when he's up there. They a are battery powerd as well with a switch instead of outlet. He's very close by like right beside me, and if I leave that room he follows. So if he even tried I'd just tell him no. And he'd leave them alone. But he hasn't touched them once since he's been there
Where do you live (roughly) that it's still light out in the winter at 8pm? We are dark at 4:30pm for much of the winter (Dec-Feb).

OP
TeekoGreenCheek

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Where do you live (roughly) that it's still light out in the winter at 8pm? We are dark at 4:30pm for much of the winter (Dec-Feb).
I live in Charlotte NC. Sunset here is about 7pm it's not light at 8pm, but I'd say full fledged 8pm is full dark. We set our times back here alot of farming here in the country lol

Last edited:
OP
TeekoGreenCheek

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Indiana - Indianapolis area. I've been to Topsail multiple times and it's one of my fav vacation spots.
Dang! I've been to Indianapolis before! I even saw the colts stadium..and jealous you guys got checkers restaurants there. Funny story. I went to a hotel..and see here in the country we drink "sweet tea" and I asked for it there and they gave me a funny look, and made fun of my country accent. They kept asking where i was from?😄 and they said "we don't have sweet tea" but we got tea and sugar?? Lol! You can mix it yourself.

Last edited:
OP
TeekoGreenCheek

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Hello everyone! Just letting you guys know Teeko, and I are getting ready for vacation! We're heading to West Virginia! I'll try to post in between everything! Have a great weekend!

Most Reactions

Latest posts