Maya The Ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
African Greys(Curly)(Sydney)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
I work at a family owned pet store in Texas, and we have had to give up a bunch of birds that i have fallen in love with, the only reason i love them is because majority of the birds we have hand raised and i am the one who handles them mostly to tame and train them to do what i think most tame birds should be able to do. I just hate giving them up and WORRYING if they go to a good home or not. We just had a girl return the sweetest bird that we have produced from the pet store because her dogs kept on trying to kill it, ( THAT MADE ME WORRY EVEN MORE) luckily the bird was uninjured except for a broken toe. So i am wondering if anyone has had to give up birds that they love, and how do you deal with it.😭😪

I had to give up a bird about 2 years ago because I was moving and was told i was only allowed 2 pets. I had to downsize my flock by one and Strongarm (aka Sassy) was the bird to go. It's heartbreaking. I know she's in a good home now, but i miss her horribly. It's like... almost like having a pet die to me.

It is the toughest feeling.

I had an Indian ring neck for 2 years. Returning him was painful.

I had to give up a bird about 2 years ago because I was moving and was told i was only allowed 2 pets. I had to downsize my flock by one and Strongarm (aka Sassy) was the bird to go. It's heartbreaking. I know she's in a good home now, but i miss her horribly. It's like... almost like having a pet die to me.
it is just like that too me as well

I had to give up my yellow nape of 4 years, almost 40 years ago. Little children and big Amazons did not go well together. It still hurts to think about it all these years later. He is somewhere here on Long Island, I keep thinking I might run into him again some day. Poor Winston, I loved him a lot.

I had a second and unwanted (and unexpected) clutch of 4 cockatiel babies.
I knew from the first egg’s appearance I couldn’t keep them.

They were difficult to raise because the parents started plucking feathers off the babies and I had to step in and separated them.
I sold them to a local pet shop that knows how to care for parrots.

I had to stay away from the store for a month cuz I couldn’t stand to see them there.

I have to give up an African Senegal (Gracee) who I had for 17 years 4 years ago. My mother who lived with me at the time had COPD and Dr did not want her around the bird. it was like the others said like they had died! I know who has her and she is doing great. Then just in March had to relinquish a CBC, ( Seren) due to biting me and being quite hormonal. She had gotten so attached to me thought I was her mate. The breeder took her back and put her with a male and she is happy and content. Wanted to take both of them though the breeder and vet were not sure how she would react. They are both in Dallas and I live 2 hours away so comforting to know they are close and doing great. Though miss them both terribly. Have a Bourke named Kai now and may get his brother. He is a sweetheart and helps fill the void some. But will never get over relinquishing both of my birds. Heartbreaking for sure!!
😢😭

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back