2 7 y/o budgies - one passed away, recommendations for the other boy?

birdmom123

Dec 11, 2022
Parrots
Budgies, parakeets
Hi there, I have 3, 7 year old budgies, well had 3 budgies. 2 males, 1 female. They were all housed together until the female had egg binding and were separated as per the avian veterinarian's recommendation. The 2 boys were in 1 flight cage, the female sits across the room in another flight cage. Anyways, one of the two boys was found passed this morning, which was completely unexpected. He was declared healthy at his last appointment 6 months ago, so he is getting necropsied to see if there was a definitive cause to his passing.

I inherited the 3 from my grandmother about 2 years ago and have been making attempts to tame them, but after the egg binding 6 months ago and separating them, they immediately distrusted me again and I am back at square one. My question is, there is now one boy in one cage and the female in the other cage. Is there anything I can do to help them with the one boy passing? Toys, treats, shoot, another male budgie? I am so worried that the depression and stress will get to them. Thank you in advance.

Wow... thanks for sharing your story. Birds are all so different... I don't really know how to advise you EXCEPT to say... you love them all so much, and are such a caring parront... I bet you'll know what to do. Follow your heart and instincts.
Great luck to you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back