The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

Give it up, Rival, give it all up.
Your avatar shows that you know the score.

T81Jgut.png

This is the Rickeybird's world, and you're IN IT!
So am I.

*sigh*

Speaking of attorneys, consiglieris, etc., etc., here's my POTM contribution... a "mouthpiece" you definitely want to avoid.

b0O201c.jpg

The root of all evil.

OMG little parrot tongues are THE CUTEST!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, RickeyBird just got a 'CUTEST!' This could puff that head beyond its limits! :D

But the 'little parrot' thing could result in unforeseen problems!

Haha! “Little” was modifying “tongue”, not “parrot”!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first in a series of unfortunate parodies of seasonal songs by...
The Rickeybird!

SUNG TO THE TUNE OF
"HARK, THE HERALD ANGELS SING!"

xbdI8KV.jpg

Now you've encouraged him (me!)...

Sung to the tune of...
"(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays"

jnEjwlf.png

Careful Rival, you may be the one who ends up in the cage!

Sung to the tune of...

jnEjwlf.png

Can we just change that last line to...........................................

"And my feathered arse is soon right back inside!"

Thank you.

Okay Terry how about.........................................

"I'm a turkey so I might just wind up fried!"

Annnnnnnnnnd I'll be hiding out for a while now.

Sung to the tune of...

jnEjwlf.png

Can we just change that last line to...........................................

"And my feathered arse is soon right back inside!"

Thank you.

Okay Terry how about.........................................

"I'm a turkey so I might just wind up fried!"

Annnnnnnnnnd I'll be hiding out for a while now.

That could turn out even worse for you, my Friend. I heard Rb is eyeing the deep fryer to see if you will fit.

BREAKING NEWZSZSZSZSZS!!!!!

A bountiful Christmas came to the Evil Rooster today, which just goes to show you that there's no justice in the world.
Our very own SuperMod Terry (Terry57) has a bird-toy business (Neverlasting Bird Toys). The Rickeybird received a box full of customized goodies that absolutely delighted both of us. Despite his braggadocio and aggressiveness, he is actually very timid and picky about toys, and only likes certain kinds. Also, he tends to have dangerous accidents with particular sorts of large and/or swinging toys.
So... Terry "interviewed" me about his 'issues' and constructed a selection of things that absolutely met his needs AND delighted him.
Little "foot toy" strings are attractive to him and safe FOR him. Totally customized for His Majesty.
yhQuZKq.jpg

TpEy5EJ.jpg

i4tIYFm.jpg

Terry used her experience to come up with similar small, chaseable, not-too-intimidating items.
wyBdecS.jpg

The Mighty Patagonian is killing all toys which invade his castle.
7B8jwQu.jpg

M94JurE.jpg

She pushed the envelope a bit with this big hanging straw-monster. He's not ready to take it on yet, but I think he will, and it's very light-weight so it won't swing back at him and knock him off his perch, as many hanging things do, what with his skinny little pink cockatiel feet! See him scowling at it?
xlXPobD.jpg

And lastly, here is a photo of what I call HAPPY GARBAGE... the remains of crazy, destructive merriment, swept up and deposited into the garbage. That's what ya call "neverlasting" goodness, right?
VzxkCCV.jpg

"Thank you, Aunt Terry! I'm so happy that I could just bite you!"
AClH4Ys.jpg

Thanks, Terry!
P.S.
As I was looking at the toys, it just struck me... all the love and thought and custom-care that went into these things... and all so that a nasty-tempered little rooster could wear himself out screaming and biting and tearing and throwing things. I'm sure it's the most exciting time he had in a long time. It's not easy to find stuff that meets his needs. It's good to have a friend in "the biz". xoxoxo G&Rb

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back