The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

I have robotically and helplessly rewarded the calling of my name for so long...
Accordingly, it's one of the Rbird's favorite names to screech. He imitates my husband's Texas drawl... "Gayulll!" DON'T LOOK at the last quick view of some dirty cage papers and half-eaten chile peppers!
Loud, mean, disobedient, destructive, stubborn... my angel!
rickeybirdproductions: "GAIL!" - YouTube

Okay, back to this. I am easily responsible for half of this bird's vocabulary, accent notwithstanding. Why is it cute when HE yells things, gets food on his face, chews with his beak open, interrupts conversations and in general, behaves like I would if I could get away with it? And I have never ONCE bitten your ear nor pooped anyplace I shouldn't. I rest my case.
Rival out. :04:

Mr. Rival,
Yeah... NO. :p

Onwards!

The Rickeybird Scrapbook
September 20, 2016

Okay, all you people with adorable, affectionate, cooperative, trick-learning, colorful, high-vocabulary, brilliant, forage-toy-solving, dancing parrots!

My little hellion may be none of those things, but... look! Yes, his wing feathers are messed up from earlier crazy reckless bouts with the demon Bounceyball. But he's sending you all kisses. Can I get an "Awwwwwwwwwwww!"?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCxFe9CP0XQ"]rickeybirdproductions - Kiss! - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you, CherylCali. I am vindicated. I know it sounds a lot more like popping a champagne cork than giving a kiss, but... that's the Rickeybird style: louder and badder.

I have robotically and helplessly rewarded the calling of my name for so long...
Accordingly, it's one of the Rbird's favorite names to screech. He imitates my husband's Texas drawl... "Gayulll!" DON'T LOOK at the last quick view of some dirty cage papers and half-eaten chile peppers!
Loud, mean, disobedient, destructive, stubborn... my angel!
rickeybirdproductions: "GAIL!" - YouTube

Okay, back to this. I am easily responsible for half of this bird's vocabulary, accent notwithstanding. Why is it cute when HE yells things, gets food on his face, chews with his beak open, interrupts conversations and in general, behaves like I would if I could get away with it? And I have never ONCE bitten your ear nor pooped anyplace I shouldn't. I rest my case.
Rival out. :04:

Mr. Rival,
Yeah... NO. :p

Onwards!

The Rickeybird Scrapbook
September 20, 2016

Okay, all you people with adorable, affectionate, cooperative, trick-learning, colorful, high-vocabulary, brilliant, forage-toy-solving, dancing parrots!

My little hellion may be none of those things, but... look! Yes, his wing feathers are messed up from earlier crazy reckless bouts with the demon Bounceyball. But he's sending you all kisses. Can I get an "Awwwwwwwwwwww!"?

rickeybirdproductions - Kiss! - YouTube

Abigail, I am so very sorry! Harry read these two posts and insisted she send a recent selfie to the bird of her dreams! I'm afraid she is hopelessly in love with the RB. I told her it's incredibly rude to photobomb Rickeybird's scrapbook but she refuses to listen to reason. She also wants the RB to know she loves raiding her flock mate's rooms while they're out, dive bombing innocent bystanders, launching vegetables at her nearest neighbors, swearing at her vet and chewing human flesh. She would love for Rickeybird to visit. They could maybe take over the world.

Allee...

Oh, dear LORD... the attitude. She makes me think of Stockard Channing's character in "Grease". Well, although the Rbird will hate that I reveal this... this is the first female heart which he has conquered (besides mine). I think that, as the French say... "Les jeux sont faits"... the chips are cast.

******sigh*******

Allee, all I can say is that this is a classic case of a sweet little naif falling for a degenerate bad boy. If I were her father I would send her to Europe for a year or two. Or maybe Siberia.

:D:D:D

What a strict daddy you are!!! :15:

Mr. Rival had four daughters from a previous marriage, all successfully and safely launched, to his and their credit, but not without struggles. He's a little... sensitive to such things. :cool:

Poor Rival, but Bravo! Raising four daughters to be successful adults is no easy task I'm sure. That was a sweet thing to say, Rival, but my darling Harry is anything but sweet. I can't send her to Europe or Siberia to a group of unsuspecting innocents.

Abigail, I agree, Harry does remind me of Stockard Channing's character in Grease, no offense toward Rizzo.

Allee...
I was right! I know a bad girl when I see one!
The Rickeybird and Harry probably deserve each other...
Quagmire and Rizzo. *grooooooan*
I bet they'd like to Skype, but we'd have to chaperone it with gloves, earplugs, and cold water.

I love my bird so much... everything about him fascinates me, even after all these years!
Here is a beak-clicking thing he does while showing off his swagger. He has done it forever.
This time, he ends his routine with a squawky "HELLO, GAIL!"

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeXB7Sp_luA"]rickeybirdproductions - Beak-clicking, "Hello, Gail!" - YouTube[/ame]

Sweet video! I see why you are still smitten, Gail! Rickybird is a very special guy!

Terry... he sounds like a toddler with a cold!

Marileen... he has done his swagger-dance... now he expects homage!

Allee... I'm not so sure I'm not just a little bit jealous of that little tart Harry!!!!

I amend my earlier remark, CC.
He sounds like a toddler with a head-cold WHO WAS BORN IN AMARILLO TEXAS!
"Hellaoh, Gayyyyullll!"

CC, it's a Patagonian thing, I think. That's always been his basic timbre and range.

The accent, well.......................

Speak of the Devil, I'm being pressured to give up the laptop so that my better half (no, not the Rickeybird) can cruise the Forums. And anyway, time to tuck the parrot in for the night.

GaleriaGila out!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back