The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

AruKGxJ.jpg

"Okay so like m
Y idol Khan I thinkin that revenge is dish best served cold. I get my riVal back when he leAst expect it. Okay.
This why my Uncle sCott callin me Genghis kHanure!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vwHLMs04XA
Revenge is a dish best served cold - YouTube

Editor's Note:
"Uncle Scott" is fellow Moderator Scott...
:)

By the way, does this movie clip look ancient? It was only two years before the Rickeybird got hatched!

Shadow KHANspiracy, although we did not know it fully by that name!

4udQLdK.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Conspiracy

Typical disorderly KHANduct by a disorderly KHANure.

This just in...!

ePvmVe8.jpg

This is a poster from Argentina celebrating the largest urban colony of Patagonians (Loros Barranqueros, or canyon/burrowing parrots), and urging citizens to protect them. They're very popular and beloved, and the gigantic colony of burrows dug into a skyscraper-height limestone bluff is a big eco-tourism attraction.

Last edited by a moderator:
was that "Kirby" or "Rival" I heard?? :confused: Maybe both???:eek::D

Jim

Thanks for the translation! Otherwise I wouldn't know what was going on.

I have mad respect For people like CristaNL and the lady who tries to keep my house clean.(good luck) (7 languages)BTW she loves the birds and the dogs.

Anyone who is not a native English speaker and does decent at it deserves respect.:eek:

I only speak two languages, bad English and worse English with a little Tex-Mex thrown in.:D

Happy Senior Citizens' Day, to all to whom it applies.
For the rest of you, hug a Senior!

"old man,look at my life,I'm a lot like you were"...Neil Young :rolleyes:

Jim

Oh, I remember that one well, Jim.
Old bird, take a look at my life, I'm a lot like................. wait, no I'm not.

You have inspired me.

In honor of National Senior Citizens' (and Psittacines') Day, which is today....................................
In my capacity as scrapbook archivist, I have compiled this tribute to the Bird's 34 years. I have done this out of admiration for the Bird, and not in any way because I expect to get Brownie points from the Missus.

GKxMzdH.png

The Rickeybird: "Pssssst! Tomorrow is National Senior Psittacine Day. You better treat me right... for a day!"
Me: "NO. It's National Senior CITIZEN Day. You should treat ME right... for a CHANGE!"
https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-senior-citizens-day-august-21/
Happy Senior Psittacine/Citizen Day, to all (to whom either applies)!!

lAKDYRO.jpg

He met the love of his life in New Mexico.

LL8tGY1.png

And established his rules.

BZTH9j8.jpg

vjTOb6X.jpg

And got a scrapbook.

lcsR7Ry.jpg

He bonded with his hen's new boyfriend.
Note - I never got a scrapbook.

ZzflwDU.jpg

He moved up North where it snows but he still got a chile pepper every day even though they cost a lot more. Price is no object. Bird must haved chiles.

0xSUYko.jpg

He got his Victorian Photoshop portrait done.
Note - I never got a Victorian Photohop portrait.

s6AWNr1.jpg

He became an online sensation. Or something. Whatever.

nwAcm2N.jpg

His disposition continues to improve. Ha.

My work is done here.

Waiting for my Brownie points.

Very sweet! I got yer BROWNIE POINTS right here, my love!

Wait. Have you been up to something?

tTuN9sZ.jpg

"Green Peas? Oh yes I blieve ver very muchly in WORLD Green Peas! I ver very environmenntal caring bird!"
Where my sustainable hennhouse at?
Yo gurlzz, I got GREEN PEAS!"

Bumble sez

Oh hai mr. Rickeybird. I like peas tooooooo. Maybe we can share some??
a5301d02020602e00ad11927fe9c8360.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A sustainable henhouse begins with a single blue parrotlet and a juicy green peapod! Lovely! What a precious little beauty she is.

I think that my sardonic spouse once said something along the lines of... any venture putting Bumble and the Rickeybird together would be like pairing Little Bo Peep with Captain Hook.

I am sorry to admit that I am very smitten with the Ricky Bird and his two humans slaves......even though one of the slaves is just a moving target.:D(sorry Rival)

I am also totally in love with the Bumble.....precious and cute know no bounds.;)

I am sorry to admit that I am very smitten with the Ricky Bird and his two humans slaves......even though one of the slaves is just a moving target.:D(sorry Rival)

I am also totally in love with the Bumble.....precious and cute know no bounds.;)

I stand by it: Little Bo Peep and Captain Hook.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back