I lost my baby minutes ago šŸ˜­

Kimmb615

Jun 29, 2022
Middle Tennessee
Parrots
A budgerigar Parakeet
My little Pretty Boy just passed away in my palms. My first bird. Heā€™s been sick and they couldnā€™t find out what was wrong. I even took him to 2 avian vets and a referral to the University 2 hrs away. Tests came back all fine. We were waiting 2 weeks to do another blood test. He squeaked and passed away in my palms. I sung to him. I know this is an odd question. My first bird. What do I do with his little body for now? Itā€™s 4 am here. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Last edited:
My little Pretty Boy just does in my palms. My first bird. Heā€™s been sick and they couldnā€™t find out what was wrong. I even took him to 2 avian vets and a referral to the University 2 hrs away. Tests came back all fine. We were waiting 2 weeks to do another blood test. He squeaked and died passed away in my palms. I sung to him. I know this is an odd question. My first bird. What do I do with his little body for now? Itā€™s 4 am here. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
I'm very sorry for your loss, @Kimmb615. You could go down the track of having a necropsy done, if you want to do that then you should store Pretty Boy in the fridge, not the freezer, and have it done within 2 or 3 days at the outside. It's not always conclusive though, sometimes they help give some closure and sometimes they just don't. I lost my sweet little budgie Val about 10 days ago, also in the small hours of the morning. My husband was out of town at the time so I kept him in the fridge for a couple of days until he got home, then we laid him to rest in a big plant pot so that we can take him with us if/when we move house. Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss, and as a Moderator I can move your thread to our "Bereavements" sub-forum if you'd like, I would be happy to do that for you šŸ’

I'm very sorry for your loss, @Kimmb615. You could go down the track of having a necropsy done, if you want to do that then you should store Pretty Boy in the fridge, not the freezer, and have it done within 2 or 3 days at the outside. It's not always conclusive though, sometimes they help give some closure and sometimes they just don't. I lost my sweet little budgie Val about 10 days ago, also in the small hours of the morning. My husband was out of town at the time so I kept him in the fridge for a couple of days until he got home, then we laid him to rest in a big plant pot so that we can take him with us if/when we move house. Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss, and as a Moderator I can move your thread to our "Bereavements" sub-forum if you'd like, I would be happy to do that for you šŸ’
Thank you , my husband is out of town also I just got off the phone with him. He wonā€™t be home until Tuesday. Iā€™m alone. Iā€™m so so sorry for the loss of your little Val šŸ¤ it hurts so bad ā¤ļø

Thank you , my husband is out of town also I just got off the phone with him. He wonā€™t be home until Tuesday. Iā€™m alone. Iā€™m so so sorry for the loss of your little Val šŸ¤ it hurts so bad ā¤ļø
Oh I'm so sorry to hear you're on your own there, that makes it doubly hard! Thank goodness for this little community where we can commiserate together, you are among friends here who understand how much this kind of loss hurts. I thank you for your condolences for my Val too. I'll move your post to "Bereavements" for you, that's a better spot for your tribute to Pretty Boy šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–

My little Pretty Boy just does in my palms. My first bird. Heā€™s been sick and they couldnā€™t find out what was wrong. I even took him to 2 avian vets and a referral to the University 2 hrs away. Tests came back all fine. We were waiting 2 weeks to do another blood test. He squeaked and died passed away in my palms. I sung to him. I know this is an odd question. My first bird. What do I do with his little body for now? Itā€™s 4 am here. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
The time we get to spend with them is never long enough. I'm very sorry for your loss šŸ’”

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Do you know if you're using non-stick pans? A lot of birds pass away without showing many symptoms because of the toxic fumes the pans emit.
Again, my deepest condolences for your loss.

I'm truly sorry to hear about Pretty Boy passing away in your arms. Losing a pet is incredibly difficult, especially when you've done everything you could to care for him. It's understandable to feel overwhelmed and emotional right now.

Iā€™m very sorry for your loss. Itā€™s hard losing a feathered friend. Itā€™s frustrating when you know something is deeply wrong, and no matter what you do the issue cannot be found. Pretty Boy sounds like he was loved & cared for. Take your time to heal.

Most Reactions

Back