sneheheuueeyw

Jun 30, 2024
Parrots
Jenday conure
HELP is my new jenday conure sick or just stressed!!?😖

hello everyone 🙌🏻
it’s been two days with me hand feeding my baby jenday
he never even seems hungry I just type of force him on eating (his crop gets full every time)
but what scares me is how quiet he is & rarely makes lowtone clicking noises & he doesn’t even move the bird is currently on the floor so you would expect him to look around & walk but nope he is just staring into nothingness 😐
& what’s also scary is it is almost the weaning age for him but the birdie is pretty inactive & is not really interested in any toy/object.

i’m worried because I raised a green cheek conure myself & it was pretty different…my old conure was pretty playful & would pop my eardrums asking for food & was social.

please respond fast i’m very very worried I myself lost my appetite out of unease 💔 I’m not ready to lose him i’m going to try with my dad to get him to the vet as soon as possible if needed ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

How old is your new baby? He could be inactive because of the stress of the move to his new home, but that's not something I've really heard spoken about much. Have you hand fed before?
If there is a vet you could take him to see, I would recommend doing so just to make sure that he's okay.
Here is a list of vets who treat birds sorted by country if you need to find one:

Avian Vet Resources

I'm glad you joined us, but wish it was under better circumstances. Sending prayers that your bird is just getting settled in and that nothing is wrong at all ❤️

Here is another vet link...

Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.

Here is a weaning-related thread that has been helpful to some...

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back