Jul 23, 2024
Rocklin ,Ca
Parrots
Ginger, budgie ( 3 3/4 years old)
Sari, cockatiel (1 1/2 year old)
Kiwi, budgie ( 7~ months old)

Rest in peace Bella, budgie 2021-2024
Died of tumor in liver
I was playing with all my birds today like normal. Then I hear my 4-year-old budgie Ginger talking human words for the first time. He said " Ginger cutie bird" This was the first time I heard him speak and it made my day.

That's pretty sweet! That would have made my day too! We have had our Sun Conure about 4 weeks now and she's about 6 years old. As we are getting to know her, she is revealing more of her personality to us and we are starting to understand some of what she is saying with her noises. She has a certain two syllable greeting when you come home, she sounds like she is blowing a referee whistle when she is startled, if you tap on something she will tap back in the same pattern with her beak on her perch or something hard, she bobs her head up and down as you chant bird bird bird bird, starting slow, then building up speed. She barks when you say dog, she laughs along with you when she hears anyone laughing, she whistles when you come out of the shower, she shreaks when you walk out of the room. She's hilarious and we are really enjoying all of it!

That's pretty sweet! That would have made my day too! We have had our Sun Conure about 4 weeks now and she's about 6 years old. As we are getting to know her, she is revealing more of her personality to us and we are starting to understand some of what she is saying with her noises. She has a certain two syllable greeting when you come home, she sounds like she is blowing a referee whistle when she is startled, if you tap on something she will tap back in the same pattern with her beak on her perch or something hard, she bobs her head up and down as you chant bird bird bird bird, starting slow, then building up speed. She barks when you say dog, she laughs along with you when she hears anyone laughing, she whistles when you come out of the shower, she shreaks when you walk out of the room. She's hilarious and we are really enjoying all of it!
Same here with the head bobs! whenever I say one of my birds names they screech and bob their heads.

pebbles literally says thank you when we give her a treat! she squawks a specific squawk, and stretches out her wings lol. it is so cute!

Most Reactions

Back