Recommendation for apple cider vinegar + the weight of my parrot

h4l1.png

Mar 8, 2024
Parrots
Green-cheeked conure | Moline
Hey team,

I have an amazon who is now 4 months old. I had some suspicions that he was sick, but the vet's examination convinced me. However, he recommended me to mix the vinegar in the water once a week along with the Amazon. I am interested in whether any of you used it and in what ratio it was used. How did you prepare it, do I have to boil the water because of the chlorine and other minerals in the tap water or would you recommend buying bottled water from the market.

I am also interested in the weight, my parrot is progressing more and more every day, which makes me happy because I had a dream that she was sick. I monitor her weight and weigh her, she even learned to stand on the scale herself. I will send you a table of its weight below.

AUGUST 13 - 343 GRAMS
AUGUST 17 - 346 GRAMS
AUGUST 21 - 373 GRAMS
AUGUST 23 - 375 GRAMS
AUGUST 29 - 387 GRAMS
SEPTEMBER 18 - 407 GRAMS

I am interested in how to regulate the growth of grams, what is the best weight for Organe Winged Amazon and how to stay fit.

Attachments

• IMG_6204.jpeg
    IMG_6204.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 3
Hey team,

I have an amazon who is now 4 months old. I had some suspicions that he was sick, but the vet's examination convinced me. However, he recommended me to mix the vinegar in the water once a week along with the Amazon. I am interested in whether any of you used it and in what ratio it was used. How did you prepare it, do I have to boil the water because of the chlorine and other minerals in the tap water or would you recommend buying bottled water from the market.

I am also interested in the weight, my parrot is progressing more and more every day, which makes me happy because I had a dream that she was sick. I monitor her weight and weigh her, she even learned to stand on the scale herself. I will send you a table of its weight below.

AUGUST 13 - 343 GRAMS
AUGUST 17 - 346 GRAMS
AUGUST 21 - 373 GRAMS
AUGUST 23 - 375 GRAMS
AUGUST 29 - 387 GRAMS
SEPTEMBER 18 - 407 GRAMS

I am interested in how to regulate the growth of grams, what is the best weight for Organe Winged Amazon and how to stay fit.
I've used ACV on my flock, particularly when one of my 'tiels had some issues with polyuria for which his avian vet could find no particular cause and it is pretty effective. Important to use a brand like "Braggs" that contains the mother culture. Just so happens I stumbled across a dosage chart, so I hope this helps you!

acvdosage.jpg

I've used ACV on my flock, particularly when one of my 'tiels had some issues with polyuria for which his avian vet could find no particular cause and it is pretty effective. Important to use a brand like "Braggs" that contains the mother culture. Just so happens I stumbled across a dosage chart, so I hope this helps you!

View attachment 61196
Did you mix the vinegar with tap water or store bought water?

Did you mix the vinegar with tap water or store bought water?
Tap water, but I do have an undersink water filter in the house because we live in a pretty old housing estate and the pipes are a bit suspect.

Tap water, but I do have an undersink water filter in the house because we live in a pretty old housing estate and the pipes are a bit suspect.
Then I'd rather choose water from the store. I say this because of everything that is in tap water. There is chlorine and other minerals that could possibly cause a chemical reaction by adding vinegar.

Most Reactions

Back