New cage for GCC

Those inside dimensions are too small IMO. I use a flight cage orf each of my parrots It is 21"depth, 31" side to side and 35' high. then 1/2 "bar spacing. the cages come with a stand on wheels that it fits into. ans a bottom shelf for storage. They have a flat top and I put toys and a portable play stand on the top. That cage gives the bird lots of room to climb around and lot of room for perches and toys. @ I bought from ebay for 119.oo And the other one I bought at a bird show for 75.00 . Ebay had free shipping by the way. They are active birds and need a lot of room:)

Seconded.

When I first got Scooter, I had a cage with similar interior dimensions. It was too small and he was visible suffering and audible screaming of the sort I'd never heard of before, or since replacing it as quickly as I could with a larger cage... YMMV, but from my observation the bird probably won't be contented...

Is this the type of cage you were talking about?

407a_12.JPG

Cage dimension: 32''L x 20''W x 35''H
Bar spacing: 3/8''

I've that style of cage, albeit in teal, and is a double-decker.

Apart from a broken wheel strut that arrived with it (ugh), it's a great cage. Rosie loves traversing the rope perches and doing somersaults... to me, it's borderline too think (20"W) but they do get time out of their partitions, and they like the toys swapped in their cages...

So I'm finally upgrading Caspian from his baby cage. I've been asking around for ideal sizes(I know big) and bar spacing and such, and I've been getting mixed answers. Some people said at least 18x18x18, others, 24x24x24 ,and so on. Plus bar spacing is all over the place. So I think I found a cage that would be good for him, but I wanted to get some opinions on it since I love hearing from all sides, and critiques and such. Would this cage be good?

$(KGrHqN,!g0FC1yPYgseBQ3U9(p7PQ~~60_3.JPG

:confused:

Says Inside Dimensions: 16.7" W x 16.7" D x 31.3" H
Bar Spacing: 1/2"

I have this exact cage but the dimensions are 18x18 and I personally think it's perfect for a gcc, unless your bird is locked in its cage most of the day. My gcc is only locked in his cage 1-2 hours a day.

Hmm maybe this will work.

HTML:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playtop-24x22x85-Bird-Parrot-Flight-Cage-Cockatiel-Macaw-Conure-Aviary-Finch-/400385977985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5d38dd2e81

This cage is a nice cage and good size for a GCC with plenty of outside cage time. I would NOT go smaller though...

Hmm maybe this will work.

HTML:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playtop-24x22x85-Bird-Parrot-Flight-Cage-Cockatiel-Macaw-Conure-Aviary-Finch-/400385977985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5d38dd2e81

This cage is a nice cage and good size for a GCC with plenty of outside cage time. I would NOT go smaller though...

Okay, I'll get that big one then. Thank you all for helping! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back