Cockatiel and canaries?

Sillygoose73

Jul 11, 2023
Parrots
Two cockatiels, a male and a female
Hello people! I have a question for you guys, recently a theater group i am not part of anymore is about to get a canarie bird just to use as a forniture on stage, a real bird as a prompt that is not even important to the show (it makes me so angry, i hate them with a burning passion), aside from "will it survive the show, under those boiling stage lights?" The other thing that concerns me is that after the show the poor bird may go to someone of the group because "yeah why not", because for some people animals are just toys, and honestly, not sure what life the poor thing will have.
Here comes my part in all of this! I have two cockatiel, a huge cage, that has plenty of room for other birds, should i take the bird is? I was seriously thinking about it, but i need to know if cockatiel and canaries will get along, and second if i would need to buy an other canary to keep it company. Does anyone know anything about it?

Bonus: Kris and Mochi being friends and playing with the same toy

Attachments

• IMG_20240902_230542.jpg
    IMG_20240902_230542.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 3
Hello people! I have a question for you guys, recently a theater group i am not part of anymore is about to get a canarie bird just to use as a forniture on stage, a real bird as a prompt that is not even important to the show (it makes me so angry, i hate them with a burning passion), aside from "will it survive the show, under those boiling stage lights?" The other thing that concerns me is that after the show the poor bird may go to someone of the group because "yeah why not", because for some people animals are just toys, and honestly, not sure what life the poor thing will have.
Here comes my part in all of this! I have two cockatiel, a huge cage, that has plenty of room for other birds, should i take the bird is? I was seriously thinking about it, but i need to know if cockatiel and canaries will get along, and second if i would need to buy an other canary to keep it company. Does anyone know anything about it?

Bonus: Kris and Mochi being friends and playing with the same toy
Oh this makes me so very sad. Seriously what is wrong with some people sometimes?? I hope you are able to take this little one in, but I would not house him in the same cage as your 'tiels. I have a pair who are quite closely bonded with each other and they can and do gang up on my other two birds. Not very successfully it has to be said, my lorikeet and princess parrot don't take any rubbish from them, but canaries are so much smaller and more fragile so I wouldn't personally cage one with a pair of 'tiels. Having said that, if that canary is housed separately I don't know that you'd have to get him a friend, I think he'd be fairly happy just being able to see your 'tiels, and I KNOW that sweet little soul would have a 1000% better life with someone like you who would care for him!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back