Cage size for an Eclectus-sized parrot?

I'm trying to get close to your price range. But if your saving up, of course bigger cage is better.

If you can get to bird fair, I got one brand new in box of the HQ Dome Top 40x30x73 for $320 and that's with tax as I paid 9.75% sales tax at the dealer's house.

There's not any bird fairs being held near me that i can find, but I plan to check Traders Village and something similar called First Monday. :)

Try this cage! I know it's just a tad over what you wanna spend but it is a good deal for a brand new cage with free shipping! Lani Kai Playtop Bird Cage, Large Bird Cages, Parrot Cages, African Grey Cages, Bird Cages

That's only 2" wider than the Petco cage and not nearly as deep...if you can get that one off CL for $100 I'd actually say it's better. I have a King's cage (36" x 28") for my galah and though it set me back almost $500, it's a good quality cage.

U4lsJ6c.jpg

With more perches added:

wkKAzGU.jpg

Just so you can see what 36" of width really looks like once you have a big bird and stuff in there. :D

Alright one more I want an opinion on... Just the size. If you think its big enough I may be able to haggle the price.. soo....

Medium/Large Parrot Bird Cage

That looks like it would work better for small birds; looks very similar to this cage that I initially had for the aforementioned foster corella:
jYZYQSR.jpg

(I borrowed it from a friend because she was a spontaneous rescue and I had NOTHING to house her in).

I personally prefer cages that give the bird enough room to really move around. Anything smaller than 36" wide is going to be pretty restrictive for a large bird. Might be okay if used as a "crate" type thing only, but I prefer to go larger. The cage I have my galah in is smaller than I would like, but I need to wait until I move until I can get a larger one.

Oh cool!

So I'll take that as a "no" to that other cage? XD:rolleyes:

I wouldn't buy it! Wasn't it you yesterday asking about that other cage for $175??? There's a same exact cage that couldn't sell for $75 so it's down to $50 now.

I have an Ekkie and he is in a double macaw cage and I think that is as small as I personally would like to go. He eats and sleeps on one side and plays on the other. He does go to the bottom of his cage and play with fallen foot toys. I assumed he would be able to go out with my other birds, but no, he is just too big and I would not be able to ensure the safet of the others. All my birds are flighted and that would be a consideration for you. If they are not flighted, it might be safe to let them out together. JMO

Yes, the one concerning that it had been spray-painted! Ooof that made me mad! I didn't realize how late it was.. by the time I was getting ready for bed it was almost 2! I'm never up that late! I guess that's what happens when I get so distracted and caught up in something...

By the time I finally got to sleep was 3:30am and I had to be here at work by 10am and it's like 30min drive.....lol

I don't work, but I'm always up when my boyfriend goes to work at 10 AM because if he leaves and I'm not awake giving the birds breakfast they wake me up.. so I wasn't up till like 9:50 hah.

You might find this article, interesting, Sterling. I wholeheartedly agree with everything said and it really changed my perspective on cage size. As soon as I move and get a bigger bird room, my galah will be upgraded to a double macaw cage. Why are we so confused about cage size?

I just saw this, I don't know how I missed it earlier.. but I'm DEFINITELY reading it.

Reading this and seeing the amazon in the 18x18 makes me think of this jenday I saw at a shop about half an hour from me.. He's about 3 years old and prefers men but they have him in a parakeet size cage. Really upsetting to see. :(

Sorry try this!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Parrot-Macaw-Cockatoo-African-Q24-2822/dp/B00BLQDBDK/ref=pd_sbs_petsupplies_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1YETVECEVFZFRJBQCJ8D]Amazon.com: Bird Parrot Cage Macaw Cockatoo African Grey Q24-2822: Pet Supplies[/ame]

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back