Bad birdy!

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
Not a parrot, but still feathered! Pigeons.
I own 7 homers, 2 Swiss mondaines, 2 ferals, 1 mutt, 2 old english (breath) & a swallow from the pound.
Now, it's awfully late to be breeding but I was cleaning out the pigeon loft, and I kept hearing one of them grunting. I grabbed one and threw it out (they're all clipped since most of them are prisoners anyways, so they're allowed to walk around the yard) and thought that was the end of it. Well as I was taking out the dog box to clean under it, guess what I found?!?

They laid under here

Egg in the bad nest. C'mon, one is an experienced mother and the other is a feral boy, they should do better then this!

Egg. Tiny!
1 pearly white egg, and a VERY mad father (he's my little feral boy). So I guess we'll be having a late batch of babies! The mother is a homer - I remember seeing them feeding each other and breeding a week ago, but I was putting off moving them to the house since my pigeon cage is occupied, but I guess they decided they wanted eggs NOW (I just figured so late in the season they wouldn't be breeding...)
Stay tuned, in 19 days (give or take) I should have some bouncing babies! (Incubation takes 18 about, but the hen still needs to lay another egg)
Yay.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back