Amazon paperwork

Kourtn.lou5629

Aug 29, 2024
Hello Iā€™m planning on getting a Amazon, I have all the knowledge and research that I believe that I need and sometimes you just have to take a chance which is what Iā€™m planning on doing but thereā€™s just one concern which is paper work

Iā€™m confused on which paperwork I need or even if I need any I am looking at blue fronted or mealy the sellers say they donā€™t require CITIES 10 certificates but Google says they do

Any chance anyone can help me out with this?

Hello Iā€™m planning on getting a Amazon, I have all the knowledge and research that I believe that I need and sometimes you just have to take a chance which is what Iā€™m planning on doing but thereā€™s just one concern which is paper work

Iā€™m confused on which paperwork I need or even if I need any I am looking at blue fronted or mealy the sellers say they donā€™t require CITIES 10 certificates but Google says they do

You might give chat gpt a try.
I queried it on several parrot related questions and got good info.
That chat program has access to all the latest law on the subject.

Wow! Great question, and I can't answer it. Most folks just buy an bird that's publicly offered, assuming all's well.
Wat Tex said. )
Or... could try the source... CITES How to do that? Dunno... maybe here?

Last edited:

I'm from the United States. We don't require paperwork for parrots here as they do in other countries. The only thing I've noticed is that we cannot keep native birds. Also if anything that would be invasive & can survive outside is a no no.

May I ask where you are from? or the processes are where you are at? I'm pretty unfamiliar, and would like to learn.

I'm from the United States. We don't require paperwork for parrots here as they do in other countries. The only thing I've noticed is that we cannot keep native birds. Also if anything that would be invasive & can survive outside is a no no.

May I ask where you are from? or the processes are where you are at? I'm pretty unfamiliar, and would like to learn.
Iā€™m from the uk and if your selling your parrot you must have a Article 10 certificate to prove its not taken from the wild and DNA and hatching certificates if youā€™ve had it from a baby but I was confused but I think now I know what I need Iā€™m pretty sure you need these certificates if your taking it out of the country or selling it

Buying any parrot one should ask for a hatch certificate, if one is available. FOr parrot hatched in the last I believe 5 years, thats mandatory. Budgies and cockatiels notwithstanding, its so important for Amazons as they are so easily smuggled from not all that far away. Now, what will happen if you don't have one? Some issues with interstate travel, if something happens to bring it to the attn of appropriate officials. There is no parrot check point at state borders! If you want to travel abroad it becomes a lot harder and maybe impossible. If your parrot is stolen or flies away and is found later it makes it harder to claim ownership. Possibly insurance difficulties, although I know zip about that.

For parrots at are totally high up on the endangered species lists, say a St Lucia or other, its even more important. Salty for example is a yellow shoulder amazon and he is a CITES 1 species, but he was hatched almost 10 years ago ( and I know the breeder).

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back