You will not get this on me....

My Amazon's never given me a real bite before. She's bitten other people, but only given me play-bites and warning-bites. It's her claws that really get me, when she gets scared and suddenly scrambles up my arm and onto my shoulder. They're normally not too sharp but she sure can dig them in deep! I have scratches all over my left shoulder at the moment.

Oh I know!! Sam too. If he's spooked he rushes up my arm to my shoulder. Sometime he digs the point of his upper beak into my shoulder to pull himself up. I keep him properly groomed (do it alot withthe birds at the shelter).
So it real simple now but I'm lazy and now there getting sharp so arms are getting the worst right now lol

When I first tried the harness on Precious I needed my mother to help & we both ended up bleeding. Since then I just hook the leash to the band on his leg. I only take him out for short walks so far & he never tries to fly with it on. It's worked for me for the past year. I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE ELSE DO THIS AS I HAVE NO CLUE OF THE SAFETY. Hope posting this will get an informed reply on if this is a horrible thing to do or not.

Since then I just hook the leash to the band on his leg. I only take him out for short walks so far & he never tries to fly with it on. It's worked for me for the past year. I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE ELSE DO THIS AS I HAVE NO CLUE OF THE SAFETY. Hope posting this will get an informed reply on if this is a horrible thing to do or not.

I would be afraid that something would startle him & he fly off & break his leg or worse.

I don't think I could get a leash on Bean's band. I am just going to keep trying the harness. I am determined to win... it will happen! ;) I hope. lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back