Why is her left cere turning blue ???

Bluey

Mar 12, 2024
Media
Parrots
Cockatiels
Ring neck
She’s Kiki and she’s 40-45 days old. I hand raised her but today I noticed that one of her nostrils is turning blue and with the help of a torch I was able to see that there some kind of dark brownish material sticking inside ?? Is it an infection ?? Is it serious and needs treatment or will it go back to normal on its own ??

Attachments

• IMG_9278.jpeg
    IMG_9278.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9276.jpeg
    IMG_9276.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9273.jpeg
    IMG_9273.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 12
If you have any worries, my best advice would be to bring her to a vet. It could also be that her hormones or wanting to breed could be low, and that’s when some cockatiel’s cere becomes a blue color rather than a light brown.

Last edited:
If you have any worries, my best advice would be to bring her to a vet. It could also be that her hormones or wanting to breed could be low, and that’s when some cockatiel’s cere becomes a blue color rather than a light brown.
But my concern is “it’s only the left one turning blue , not both👀

But my concern is “it’s only the left one turning blue , not both👀
Yeah, that's a cause for worry, as cockatiel ceres aren't supposed to change color. It could be a bruise or something more sinister. I feel a vet check is in order... Keep us updated on her! :)

Yeah, that's a cause for worry, as cockatiel ceres aren't supposed to change color. It could be a bruise or something more sinister. I feel a vet check is in order... Keep us updated on her! :)
Sure 👀 I’m just hoping it’s nothing serious

Just FYI... :)

Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.
If none are near you, maybe you could call and ask for a recommendation for somebody in your area.
And... sometimes, distant vets will offer brief thoughts or advice...

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back