what type of parakeet is this?

matt168

Jun 3, 2014
Hello,
I am new to this and hope I get a warm welcome! I just got given a parakeet from a friend the poor thing was unwanted. He did not tell me what species of parakeet it is, or even how old it is? It can just fly a little, eats a little but still being hand fed. Hope the picture has uploaded! Thanks.

Attachments

• 20140527_165137.jpg
    20140527_165137.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
First of all, Welcome to the forums :D

The picture isn't uploaded so we can't see it, probably you made a mistake in uploading it?
Parakeets are wonderful creatures! They can actually even talk! (except for female parakeets or grass parakeets.)

Please, please, please do not let the bird sit on the dog like that!!!!! It is only a matter of one second until the bird can be injured or killed. If you look around this site, you will find so many threads about birds being killed by dogs, even when the owner never thought it would happen.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

I trust my cocker spaniel the grandchildren are are always pulling her tails and upsetting her she never bites. But I will take note as better safe then sorry! The former keeper had 4 others all pure green with a blue strip on the tails.

Is that an English cocker? Might be the angle because it looks big for an American.

I'm surprised the breeder didn't tell you what kind of bird you were getting.

It is a cocker spaniel, I got this parakeet from a friend who bought it off a breeder. I was quite stocked when I got it as it was quite young and still needed hand raising. Not even sure how old it is.

The pic is not very clear, but looks like Indian Ringneck to me as well.

Parakeets are wonderful creatures! They can actually even talk! (except for female parakeets or grass parakeets.)

My mom has a male Princess of Wales (grass parakeet) who talks up a storm in a super cute and funny voice!

Welcome! :)

Looks like an Indian Ringneck.... (Is it riding on an English Cocker Spaniel)?

That's definitely a young Indian Ringneck riding on a Cocker Spaniel. I had a Cocker Spaniel and a English Springer Spaniel long ago....And both dogs were VERY good with animals to my amazement, especially the Springer as she plays with bunnies and doesn't hurt the birds when they escape, when I first had birds without knowing any better by putting locks on the cage doors....

Most Reactions

Back