The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

And, in more news...

Parrots prefer 'left handedness'
By Emma Brennand
Earth News reporter
cccccc.gif

Sulphur-crested cockatoo holding food in left hand.

Young parrots tend to experiment with both feet before they settle on one.
Handedness was once a trait believed to be unique to humans.
But it turns out that parrots prefer to use one side of their body more than the other too.
A study published in the journal Biology Letters has found that almost all parrots prefer to use either their left eye and left foot, or their right eye and foot.

And some archives from our own PF...

Last edited:
I was taking a trip down Memory Lane in the Scrapbook, circa 2017.
Quite literally, a BLAST from the past.
Isn't this horrific? I should mention that Rickeybirds are called Loros Barranqueros, Burrowing Parrots, in Patagonia, where they are sometimes celebrated, sometimes reviled...

ePvmVe8.jpg

This is a poster from Argentina celebrating the largest urban colony of Patagonians (Loros Barranqueros, or canyon/burrowing parrots), and urging citizens to protect them. They're very popular and beloved, and the gigantic colony of burrows dug into a skyscraper-height limestone bluff is a big eco-tourism attraction.

Last edited:
Hmm, seems to be some decent from the Avian crowd as Julio has been more than active the last couple of days! But, then again, he is allowed to free-range for a very long time now and likely is just supporting as a way of sharing the joy that good behavior has gotten him.

Art really brings to life the reality of the moment!

Mrs Boats just wanted to say, that she expects Ricky to be a Gentleman, living up to the high standards that Julio has set!

I reminded her of Rickybird's long history!! Hmmm, I haven't seen her for a bit and her SUV and Julio are missing as well.

Hmmm, I wonder what this all means!?!?

Rb TALK.jpg

"It means Missez Boats is going out
for party supplies!"

NOPE. But hopefully. she'll be back when Julio
has vanquished the interloper...

BOTH OF THEM!

Last edited:

Rb TALK.jpg

"Happy Labor Day! This is special holiday
for all hens who's about to
lay eggs!"

Nope, nope, nope. No, Rickeybird. WRONG.
But Happy LABOR DAY to all workers and unions!"

No disrespect, Boats old sport, but - like that tv show Trading Spouses, could we... uhhh...
No, no I meant trade the birds.
Yeah, the birds. Trading Psittacines!
Yeah.
Or maybe like a whole new concept - package deals, like - like -

Oh, nevermind.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back