The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

Here's the December issue of Harrison's BULLETIN BIRD, featuring the Rickeybird!

https://mailchi.mp/939b8269c20a/the-bulletin-bird-november-17671227

It's a story of his life pursuits, with pictures!
The issue is also featured in this thread, with members' reactions.

Another encouragement to network with parrot experts, celebrities, and personalities...
Rosemary Low is an author, activist, and authority on parrots. I've followed her for decades, since the early Bird Talk Magazine days! She has often extolled the endearing quirks of Patagonians. They're one of her favorite species.
Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I have often thought of writing her, but never did until recently, just thanking her for her work. She wrote back! I consider us to be in correspondence now, and am looking forward to getting to know her.
So... my point in writing this is to encourage you to write to one or more of your heroes, favorite authors, or personalities. They will likely be as gratified to hear from you as you are to be in direct contact!

P.S.
You can find their contact info from their articles, blogs, or online parrot organizations, etc.

Last edited:
A blast from the past!

Kentuckienne, said by any to be our Parrot Laureate, wrote this parody a few years ago for the Rickeybird, and it's worth a redux. Enjoy!

"2018"
(Sung to tune of the New Year anthem "1999", by Prince, who was a hot rooster himself, like MEEE!)

"I was screamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if I poop away!
When I woke up this mornin'
Coulda sworn that it was New Year's Day.
My cage door was open,
There were humans runnin' everywhere
Tryin' to run from my destruction,
And you know I didn't even care!

'Cuz they say two thousand-zero-18 party over,
Oops, out of time!
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999!
(((((((((I was only 15 then!!!!!)))))))

I was screamin' when I wrote this
So bite me if I go too fast!
But life is just a chile, and a chile wasn't meant too last!
War is all around us, my mind says prepare to fly,
So if I gotta die I'm gonna listen to my chiles tonight!

Yeah, they say two thousand-zero-zero-18 party over,
Oops, out of time!
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999!!!!
Yeah!

Lemme tell ya somethin',
If ya didn't come to party,
Don't bother bangin' on my cage!
I got a lion in my beakie,
And baby, he's ready to rage!
Yeah, all these rulers got a bomb,
We could all die any day!
But before I'll let that happen,
I'll scream my life away!

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, get in the zone!
Fun roosterz, g'on!
Hot henz, come on!

C'mon, sing this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year to you and yours, Aunty G, as it's New Year's Day here in Oz already! I hope 2024 is a splendiferously Rick-tacular year for you!! 😘 🥂🥳🎉

Happy New Year to you and yours, Aunty G, as it's New Year's Day here in Oz already! I hope 2024 is a splendiferously Rick-tacular year for you!! 😘 🥂🥳🎉
And furthermore... there's a little something in here just for you!

You all know I can't resist the occasional trip down Memory Lane...
The Rickeybird's Uncle Wrench gave him a bell six Christmas/New Year holidays ago... hard to believe we've all been friends for that long, but... here's proof! From 2017...

The Rickeybird's Uncle Wrench gave him a bell six Christmas/New Year holidays ago... hard to believe we've all been friends for that long, but... here's proof! From 2017...
Ooohhhhhhh those tubular bells, and the truly spoooooooooooooky connection where the Rb is concerned!!! :eek:

Kill the Bell!!
Julio did a like thing, but once he figured the method of fast removal and dumping off the cage, the fun went away as well. Now-a-days, the bell ring less often as assurance of the proper use of the grounds of his Kingdom and letting those who violates his rules Hear About It is top priority!

Kill the Bell!!
Julio did a like thing, but once he figured the method of fast removal and dumping off the cage, the fun went away as well. Now-a-days, the bell ring less often as assurance of the proper use of the grounds of his Kingdom and letting those who violates his rules Hear About It is top priority!
Julio is an intelligent fellow. The Rb is all impulse: after dumping the bell, he jumps down and tries forlornly to haul it back up top, at which point I take it away (to keep hm from injuring his fool self) and either put it back up or put it AWAY, based on my patience.
Here he is, mystified as to why he can't dump the bell this time...

Some family friends (literally, a family, all of whom are friends) sent me this. It's by famous (infamous?) parody dude Weird Al Yankovic. I give you a parody of "I Love Lucy", sung by "Rickeybird" (Ricky). The family has now decided to call me LUCY, probably for more reasons than this parody (parroty?) but that's a topic for another day.

Last edited:
Some family friends (literally, a family, all of whom are friends) sent me this. It's by famous (infamous?) parody dude Weird Al Yankovic. I give you a parody of "I Love Lucy", sung by "Rickeybird" (Ricky). The family has now decided to call me LUCY, probably for more reasons than this parody (parroty?) but that's a topic for another day.
peachnumber.png

Henszsszzzzszszzs theez daze!!

Yellow-Nape Law has always found that Rickey's contact 'book' to always be up-to-date and highly reliable!

YNL intel has the BEST sources, namely the front bar of the Gentleroosters Hot Henzzszzzszssssz Naughty Hellfire Club!!

Clearly, you two have
The Rickeybird's number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From Online Slang dictionary...

What does it mean when someone says they have your number?

If someone wants to meet up at a later date and time, you could say, “I'll be in touch. I've got your number.” This would refer to their phone number. But, when used figuratively, it dives deeper, implying an understanding of or predicting someone's behavior or intent.

Clearly, you two have
The Rickeybird's number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From Online Slang dictionary...

What does it mean when someone says they have your number?

If someone wants to meet up at a later date and time, you could say, “I'll be in touch. I've got your number.” This would refer to their phone number. But, when used figuratively, it dives deeper, implying an understanding of or predicting someone's behavior or intent.
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr maybe a musical number, like this one which I KNOW that the Swedish Fab Four wrote about the Rickeybird - hence the lyric "Oh I wish I could be like you Rickey Rock'n'Roller!!"

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr maybe a musical number, like this one which I KNOW that the Swedish Fab Four wrote about the Rickeybird - hence the lyric "Oh I wish I could be like you Rickey Rock'n'Roller!!"

I have never heard/seen this before!
There are still new wonders to behold in our world!​

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back