Playstand Mold?!??

KalJ

Oct 21, 2012
I just bought an Islandwood Tree stand about a month or so ago. Today I went to put Flash on ot and noticed some grayish substance in the knooks of the branches. Could it have mold?!?? It hasn't gotten wet, temperature hasn't really fluctuated. How can I find out if its mold?

If you did not properly wash down & sanitize the stand, yes, there could have already been a mold colony and/or spores already on the stand and there may have been enough moisture in the atmosphere to encourage growth. The only way you can test for mold is with a mold test kit...OR...if you have a good magnifying glass laying around, you can look at this material to see what it looks like close-up.....

If you're not familiar with what mold spores may look like, simply do a google image search for "mold spore images" and the first popup will be a collection of different spore images that you can get an idea from.....there are thousands of molds, so trying to find yours (if it is mold) could be very time consuming.....

I cleaned it off well, what do you mean by sanitize? If it is mold, what do i do now??

Even if you did clean it could still become moldy..In he right condition it could bloom quickly.... I use a mixture of denatured alcohol and water 50x50.. In a pump spray bottle... I soak the stand and branches down once a week at night after I bring them in.... Denatured alcohol evaporates quickly... (within minutes) .. And does a decent job at killing mold, mildew , mites and most germs.. And its cheap..

Just bare in mind while solvent ( still wet)denatured alcohol is very flammable and produces a strong smell...

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I was worried I was going to have to toss it!!!!

Most Reactions

Back