Our new house

I haven't ever heard of a waffle pod slab! It's interesting to hear how things are done in other parts of the world [emoji6] lol

Seems like the waffle pod slab would be pretty energy efficient as far as insulating against the ground.

Here they do foundation walls that go from the ground up, so it's just a wall of concrete a few feet high that runs the exterior perimeter, then they add the floor joists so there's a crawl space.

That's awesome you guys got a corner lot- how many houses will be in the neighborhood?

I haven't ever heard of a waffle pod slab! It's interesting to hear how things are done in other parts of the world [emoji6] lol

That exactly what I was thinking. :)

Where we are building is a new section of an existing estate. There are probably 30-40 lots on this section. The estate in total probably has 150-200 houses when finished.

Picture of the block of land.

aa86ee8b2c3ce7042014b383321d10c5_zps60d9bf9b.jpg

Ok, so there has finally been some action with our house. The builder was hoping to get the slab down before Christmas but in the week that it was supposed to happen we had over 6 inches of rain. Not very good weather for concrete laying. We were hoping for this to happen - the slab being laid, not the rain - so that it could settle over the Christmas period. Anyways, it wasn't to be.

So, last week the builder had the block cleared and levelled ready for construction to start. They got the waste pipes in the ground and again it started to rain. This time we had about 8 inches of rain. So the slab has again been delayed.

Hubby and I had a meeting with them late last week and hopefully there will not be too much rain around this week and next so, they are hoping to get the underslab done this week and the main slab next week.

Any ways, onto some photos.

Cleared block of land

Waste pipes in the ground

We have also selected our main floor tile and the outside colours. We are waiting on quote for the kitchen to come back. I really hope that we are able to have stone bench tops. They really look so lovely and they are a dream to work on. I will get some pictures of the tiles and colours shortly as I just need to transfer them across to the computer.

Last edited:
YAY!!! Where is the "Bird Room/Spa/Palace/Wing"?

YAY!!! Where is the "Bird Room/Spa/Palace/Wing"?

I do believe that area is indeed the whole house. Hubby and I simply will be there are the servants and slaves to the birdie rulers. We will probably be relegated to the shed.

How exciting, in spite of the delays. I hope the weather cooperates and things start moving along. Nice building site, and you'll get to watch a new neighborhood grow.

So these are the colour selections so far.

The base is the tile colour and type. Timber look porcelain tiles in charcoal. Along with the outside colours and inside colours and the vanities and kitchen cupboard colours. The vanities and kitchen cupboards will be polar gloss white.

These are the colours I would like to pain the inside. The only problem is that they don't really match the colours of items I already have. I may have to rethink this one. Plenty of time to decide on these those.

Outside colours. Shale grey will be the main wall colour with Monument being the trim and feature wall colours. The French riviera s the colour of the front door.

Carpet choice number 1

Carpet choice number two

I think I am leaning towards the second carpet colour as it wont show as much.

Last edited:
Awesome! How exciting is that! Hopefully it will progress a bit faster now for you, lol good ol Murph!

Very nice! Love the color choices, you have good taste!

Glad things are starting to move along now, but I'm sure they will not move fast enough for you. The waiting will be the worst!

I hope you share pics of the progress and the finished home...

Amanda, your choices are beautiful! I think you're right about the second carpet choice.
I bet you are getting SO excited! Does it feel more real now that you are to the stage of picking colours out?

Very nice choices, but did you first consult the parrot overlords? :D

Yes indeed we did. :D. If you look at some of the colour charts, you will see a certain parrot interior decorator has been looking at them. It would seem looking involves the use of your beak, in the parrot decorator world. :D

Amanda, your choices are beautiful! I think you're right about the second carpet choice.
I bet you are getting SO excited! Does it feel more real now that you are to the stage of picking colours out?

Terry, it does feel real. It would be so much better if there was a little more to show for it. Hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be looking like a house not a vacant block of land.

Very nice! Love the color choices, you have good taste!

Glad things are starting to move along now, but I'm sure they will not move fast enough for you. The waiting will be the worst!

I hope you share pics of the progress and the finished home...

Amanda, there certainly will be more pictures. Hope I don't bore anyone with them though.

Oh, don't worry about boredom! It's nice to see your progress, and lots of folks might get some creative ideas, particularly in the Masters of the Household areas!

So we are only approx 2 weeks from moving into our new house. I have lots of photos that I will post tomorrow but I just had to share these 2 tonight. The first is our awesome kitchen island bench lights and the second is the outside of the house.

79fc39c2d30b1e25daae7f8a76714eec_zpstkxc1v0c.jpg

2c80677b7cc2af779ba2a52ce8d68b90_zpscedfahxy.jpg

Last edited:
I am also looking for onions on the following two couches.

368df8a1d3d42516f959791525b05697_zpsfehp2soa.jpg

The above one is a front runner for me. The brightness of the colours is what is drawing me to it.

The next one I still love the colours but it needs to be the focus of the room and I think this one just doesn't stand out enough.

2b32017148c55b879ff0a43557c938ec_zpswvuowkyv.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back