Not sure if is regurgitate or vomit

LaurieLJT

Aug 13, 2023
Hi. My female parakeet ( 2 yrs old ) looks like she threw up liquid only Wondering what could be ? Feeling ill or just regurgitating
I noticed it just now few mins but earlier she was sleepy and quiet late afternoon

Hi. My female parakeet ( 2 yrs old ) looks like she threw up liquid only Wondering what could be ? Feeling ill or just regurgitating
I noticed it just now few mins but earlier she was sleepy and quiet late afternoon
I personally would get her checked out by an Avian vet just to be safe. I've never known a parakeet to regurgitate liquid unless ill, it's usually solid seed or food from their diet.

If you need a second opinion...

Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.
If none are near you, maybe you could call and ask for a recommendation for somebody in your area.
And... sometimes, distant vets will offer brief thoughts or advice...
Or... sometimes I find a place to start just by Googling "avian veterinarian near ((your location))"

I hope the appointment went well and she gets feeling better soon! Please let us know how she's doing.
Hi. Vet say upset stomach. Gave a gel probiotic. Getting better. But after coming home from the vet , two days was scary for me. She got very quiet and very sleepy Wouldn’t come down from upper perch to lower perch. She get little excited when I brought water bowl to her. She drank a lot but no eating. She started to eat after 2 days. Now it is almost a week since the vet visit. She is getting back to normal. Also he said she is little overweight She is 45 grams. She is supposed to be 30 grams. So now I only feed her once a day instead of twice day

Last edited:
If you need a second opinion...

Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.
If none are near you, maybe you could call and ask for a recommendation for somebody in your area.
And... sometimes, distant vets will offer brief thoughts or advice...
Or... sometimes I find a place to start just by Googling "avian veterinarian near ((your location))"
Hi. I do have an avian vet in my area which I’m very lucky to have. I have been going to him over 25 yrs. I used to have an Amazon parrot from my childhood. I trust him completely. He is best birdie doctor !

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back