New to birds, suggestions?

FirstTimeFlying

Oct 26, 2024
Parrots
N/a; im joining because im looking to own one!
Ive aalways wanted birds and now im 26 and in a place i can finally have one and take care of one well, but looking into the different types has been...overwhelming yo say the least.

I wantwd an african grey parrot at first, jve decided against that due to size requirements and ive narrowed it down a bit but would like some recommendations

I was looking at the conures and parakeets, theyre smaller and seem be better for my "apartment" (i live in gmas basement, but slowly working on it and its quiet homely and good amount kf space, but generally around the size of a small 2 bedroom apartment)

But i also have a pet cat, i have land and plan to maje an outside area for the bird to fly freely without being at risk of attack from predators too at some point; just really need a little guidance- dont want it to be too quiet as a pet but also dont want it to be too talkative, dont want it to be too aggressive or wary of new people but j also dont want it to be bothering every person that comes into my house; wouldnt necessarily want it to be cage bound either due to cat. Help???

Most Reactions

Back