flowercakes

Jul 10, 2024
Parrots
Jackie (green cheek conure)
hi. so this weekend I got a green cheek conure and the breeder said she is about 4 and a half months old. she seems to be adjusting fine, and she is not very scared of me. the only thing is, she sleeps A LOT. I know baby parrots need a lot of resting time, but it's almost like she sleeps more than she plays?
is this just a part of her adjustment process? or is it normal for her age? I already have a vet appointment set up, but it's not until two weeks from now. I just want to know if I should be worried. she is also eating and drinking fine.

Attachments

• 20240709_120008.jpg
    20240709_120008.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 3
Good for you for vet plans!
I can't hazard a guess about baby conure sleeping, but I know you'll get lots of info and love here.

I never saw my Conure with her eyes closed until she got sick. Definitely worth a trip to the Vet just to get a look see. Any way welcome to the forum.

I think your concern is probably warranted, and glad to hear you are set up for a vet visit. Sometimes docile behavior can be a sign too, even though we sometimes feel things are going well. Either way, making sure things are ok doesn't hurt and put your mind at ease.

Good luck with your new friend! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back