lovebirds keep biting playfully/grooming me

oliverakion

Nov 14, 2023
Parrots
Blue, Berry (sibling lovebirds)
i want to bond with them and spend time with them but its so hard since they think im wooden or something lol! they are tame and know me but 1 they dont let me touch them (reasonably) and 2 they never ever want to cuddle. they come up on my fingers when i call them but they mostly climb on my knees and phone when im laying back on my couch with my knees bent, which is most of the time. they always bite me though. as far as i understand they are not frightened nor upset, just playful. they also nibble on my scars, zits, any sort of "imperfection" on my skin. they have a large enough cage with lots of toys to bite, which they do, yet they still act deprived of that. i get nibbling and stuff but it gets painful! they also bite my fingertips a lot. the most painful thing they do is when they come up to my shoulders and bite my neck. ive been wearing macrame (handmade by me with safe string) bracelets lately and that seems to get their attention. i dont even approach them, and im glad they feel comfortable to climb on me and stuff but its kinda annoying. i try not to react or place them elsewhere but they keep coming back and biting me. what on earth can i do?

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll... they're birds... nit even mammals, hatched outta eggs... they're so hard to understand by our primate-standards, I guess. Really, it sounds like you have a great relationship though not like dogs or cats, of course...
Hang in there. I'm no expert. Let's see wat others think.
I'm glad youre here!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back