Looking to Re-home my Umbrella Cockatoo. (Florida)

ZoeBrit

Jul 13, 2024
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo
Hello, this is of course a sad thing to have to do but something I have to do unfortunately. Chicken is only young, about 3 years old (Iā€™m her second owner, so Iā€™m not exactly sure) Iā€™ve had her for about a year but have known her all her life as her previous owner was a cleaning client of mine and I have pet sat for them before. She is beautiful, healthy, very tame, loving, wonderful temperament. My circumstanceā€™s have just changed and I donā€™t have time anymore to give her the attention she needs and deserves, also my cat is allergic and I live very close to my neighbors in a small community in Jensen Beach Florida, in a 5th wheel RV (not very soundproof, lol) and Iā€™m sure you know how loud Cockatoos can be sometimes, so Iā€™m going to end up getting in trouble if something doesnā€™t change.
Whoever takes her has to be someone who knows how demanding these parrots are, preferably with birds already so they understand what a commitment having one is and also I think she would enjoy the company of a fellow bird, also, she seems to be more inclined towards women. She has everything she needs, cages, portable perches, food, toys, vitamins that I put in her water everyday, etcā€¦she doesnā€™t really like fresh fruit thus far so I had to supplement, she likes some dried fruits but Iā€™ve tried her with all kinds of fresh and sheā€™s just not interested, sheā€™s either terrified of it or just dismissively throws in to the floor in disgust as they do, lol. Sheā€™s a wonderful companion and I would have to make sure you were the right fit of course before I would allow you to take her home.
Iā€™m hoping and praying that I find her a loving forever home with someone that she will bond with as she has with me.
Iā€™m new on here so Iā€™m not sure if I just keep checking the thread for replyā€™s or if I receive notification of some kind so please be patient if I donā€™t respond right awayā€¦I have come on here solely for this purpose as I figured I would be able to find her a good new home here and donā€™t like the idea of surrendering her to a parrot rescue as I want this to be as least stressful as possible for her.
Thank you and hope to here from someone soon, God bless, Zoƫ.

IMG_0128.jpeg. IMG_0335.jpegIMG_0334.jpegIMG_0275.jpeg

Hello, this is of course a sad thing to have to do but something I have to do unfortunately. Chicken is only young, about 3 years old (Iā€™m her second owner, so Iā€™m not exactly sure) Iā€™ve had her for about a year but have known her all her life as her previous owner was a cleaning client of mine and I have pet sat for them before. She is beautiful, healthy, very tame, loving, wonderful temperament. My circumstanceā€™s have just changed and I donā€™t have time anymore to give her the attention she needs and deserves, also my cat is allergic and I live very close to my neighbors in a small community in Jensen Beach Florida, in a 5th wheel RV (not very soundproof, lol) and Iā€™m sure you know how loud Cockatoos can be sometimes, so Iā€™m going to end up getting in trouble if something doesnā€™t change.
Whoever takes her has to be someone who knows how demanding these parrots are, preferably with birds already so they understand what a commitment having one is and also I think she would enjoy the company of a fellow bird, also, she seems to be more inclined towards women. She has everything she needs, cages, portable perches, food, toys, vitamins that I put in her water everyday, etcā€¦she doesnā€™t really like fresh fruit thus far so I had to supplement, she likes some dried fruits but Iā€™ve tried her with all kinds of fresh and sheā€™s just not interested, sheā€™s either terrified of it or just dismissively throws in to the floor in disgust as they do, lol. Sheā€™s a wonderful companion and I would have to make sure you were the right fit of course before I would allow you to take her home.
Iā€™m hoping and praying that I find her a loving forever home with someone that she will bond with as she has with me.
Iā€™m new on here so Iā€™m not sure if I just keep checking the thread for replyā€™s or if I receive notification of some kind so please be patient if I donā€™t respond right awayā€¦I have come on here solely for this purpose as I figured I would be able to find her a good new home here and donā€™t like the idea of surrendering her to a parrot rescue as I want this to be as least stressful as possible for her.

View attachment 60236. View attachment 60232View attachment 60233View attachment 60234

Welcome to the forums, @ZoeBrit, hopefully one of our members here may be able to help you with rehoming your cockatoo. There's an option under "Preferences" in your account settings that you can turn on so you will receive an email whenever there is a response to your thread, but it's probably a good idea to log on here periodically to check for replies too. We also have a private messaging facility which you will be able to access after you've amassed 10 posts on the forum. However until that time, should anyone express an interest in adopting your bird, you can pass personal messages between each other via any member of the Mod team and we will be happy to relay them for you :)

View attachment 60236. View attachment 60232View attachment 60233View attachment 60234
We are interested in getting a second bird to have as a companion to our Quaker parrot, Bluey. Bluey is basically our youngest child to be honest. Bluey is his name and he is not a caged bird. He has an extensive playground area, and he is on my shoulder 75% of the time. Our thoughts are that my husband could have his own on his shoulder friend. And, they could socialize when not going out, because we are very active people. Bluey is not clipped and he has been everywhere weā€™ve gone since we got him in December last year. Periodically, about once a month we have a date night at a restaurant and he is not able to come to nice restaurants due to health codesā€¦ But, otherwise heā€™s part of my outfit. If you think that our life would suit Chicken send me a message and we can discuss that.

Most Reactions

Back