Leaving veggies out for birds

SafamirzašŸ¤

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello šŸ‘‹ I have a 2 year old male cockatiel named Kiko. We have been trying to get him on a veggie and pellet diet since he was 2 months old and it is not going well so far with the veggies. I was thinking about leaving a bowl of veggies in his cage every day so he might come around trying them himself but I donā€™t know how long they can be left outside the fridge and when I need to change the bowl with new veggies. Also, is there any way to store veggies to make them last longer to prevent as much waste as possible? I put some millet and seeds in the mix to attract him and I donā€™t know if that affects the veggies and how long they last in and out the cage.

Thanks to any replies šŸ’• šŸ¦

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Well the veggies sit in a field in 100 degree heat for months or so, as they grow. I put in cauliflour and broccoli on a cage all day. I don't do it with fruit, but veggies are ok to leave out all day. But not more than a day I'd say.

Most Reactions

Latest posts