IRN's and open fires :(

kanundra

Apr 25, 2013
Lancashire
Parrots
IRN blue
Yeah, guess you always learn of things 'after' the effect. So, in winter our primary source of warmth is coal. Our bird is pretty new to the house and everything, and in researching things, I believe it's best to light them when they're not in the room... etc.

Our house can also be very damp, we actually have a 'de-humidifier' and now I believe it probably is the right humidity for Bobby...

I want him to have the best life, not an awful one. Guess, we both, (him and me) got threw in the deep end really. I'm willing to learn :) and hope we'll have a great life together.

Our primary source is wood, we have a wood stove and burn wood and it has no effect in the birds. They are not very close to the wood stove room anyways, as all the birds have there own room, but as long as the birds aren't getting huge puffs of smoke in there face or anything like that it isn't an issue, you just want to avoid them taking in the smoke so just keep your baby away from the room wight he stove in it and you'll be fine.

Thanks. I was concerned. :) we have a good few months to get him settled and teach him not to go too close to the fire or it's guard, so we'll teach him those sort of things.

:)

Most Reactions

Back