Introducing The New Adventures Of Princess Peach!! 💝

Yay for almost being done with the shots!! You've got this Princess Peach!!

Can you really blame her for being so smitten with a stunner like Lovejoy?
Nope, sure can't, BOTH hens in this house are madly in love with him! :love: :love:

Peachie has pulled up pretty well this morning and has been tucking into her breakfast already, is flying well and chasing her boyfriend around the house too. What mother could be more proud?

And then there were six ,,, I don’t know how she did it but l Peach just knocked one of her implanted feathers out:( Please don’t destroy any more, Peachie, not until you’re ready to grow some new ones in anyhow 🙏🙏🙏
IMG_0936.jpeg

And then there were six ,,, I don’t know how she did it but l Peach just knocked one of her implanted feathers out:( Please don’t destroy any more, Peachie, not until you’re ready to grow some new ones in anyhow 🙏🙏🙏
View attachment 52128
I was wondering if the implanted feathers were prone to falling off, being pulled out or broken. Did the vet say how long it might be before she grew new feathers?

I was wondering if the implanted feathers were prone to falling off, being pulled out or broken. Did the vet say how long it might be before she grew new feathers?
The pet shop said she was about 6 months old when we got her and her vet agreed with that estimate, which would make her about 7 months old now. If this is correct she should start moulting into her adult plumage somewhere around the 9 month mark, though it could take up until she is 12 months old. It's not unusual for a few feathers to be lost, implanted feathers are a very good substitute but they're never going to be as flexible and resilient as those naturally grown. She probably wouldn't need to keep many of them to be able to keep flying, particularly as she was a strong flier even with only one wing intact, and it's not like she's flying many miles per day the way she would be if she was in the wild. I honestly don't think she'll bust them all, but I'll be eagerly awaiting the day when she does start moulting - fingers crossed it comes soon!🤞🤞🤞

I would believe the loss of 1/3 of the implanted feathers would not affect her flight. As there would be no noticeable loss of flight abilities with the the normal loss of two flight feathers from each side. Depending on which specific feathers are lost, up to four feathers from each wing can be lost for there to still be flight,ed but with noticeable effort.

That is one sweet girlie, you have there. I can understand why you have self-banned yourself from that Pet Store. I vastly limit my visits to our local shop as I become the center of attraction from the larger Parrots and especially from the Amazons and Macs.

Last edited:
Well it has been a BIG morning for Princess Peach!! First off she had her first shower with the squirt bottle - she started out getting all wiggly in the veg that I'd put out for her which was still a bit damp from rinsing, so I figured I'd try her out with a misting to see how she liked that. Suffice to say she LOVED it but I didn't want to get her completely soaked while she still has those feather implants. Sorry the picture is a bit dark due to the glare outside, but her enthusiasm is unmistakeable 😍

Aaaaaaaaaaand the news gets even better! I literally just got off the phone with her vet, the psittacosis test came back negative so she doesn't need to go back for any more jabs!!! I'm so happy for my little Peachie girl!!!😁😁😁

Oh my goodness! Look how happy she is! And what fantastic news for my beautiful Aussie niece and her mama both! Mart, this just makes my day ♥️♥️♥️

Oh my goodness! Look how happy she is! And what fantastic news for my beautiful Aussie niece and her mama both! Mart, this just makes my day ♥️♥️♥️
Thank you, it does mine too, it was breaking my heart having to take her in for those nasty needles. She's sitting in the sun looking very pleased with herself right now, and i am so very pleased for her too. She's got a forever home, she's happy and healthy and if we can keep the rest of those feather implants intact for the next little while we cannot ask for anything more than that 💖

Thank you, it does mine too, it was breaking my heart having to take her in for those nasty needles. She's sitting in the sun looking very pleased with herself right now, and i am so very pleased for her too. She's got a forever home, she's happy and healthy and if we can keep the rest of those feather implants intact for the next little while we cannot ask for anything more than that 💖
Fortunately animals aren't scared of needles the way people are.

Fortunately animals aren't scared of needles the way people are.
Perhaps not, but apparently it's quite a painful injection and I certainly didn't like the idea of her having to have them. Thank goodness it's all over now!

Congratulations on the news from the Vet Client, it's always great to get such information!

Love a happy bird enjoying a mist bath or any bath for that matter! The video may have been dark, but it was clear that there was one very happy bird enjoy life!

Last edited:
Peachie is getting bolder, 'specially as she has her gorgeous boyfriend to show her the ropes around here 💖

podh.jpeg

🎼"I will follow you ...

IMG_E0976.JPG

🎶... follow you wherever you may go ..."🎶

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_E0979.JPG

Everybirdie’s favourite play stand - I am just the one who feeds them after all 🙄
IMG_0982.jpeg

Guess we know who's in charge now - the one above sees all!

pomha.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh she's been SUCH a good girlie this morning, and she is growing in confidence every day! She's out in the bird room right now chowing down on her veg, they got broccolini, pak choy and celery this morning and she got stuck right into the celery even though she's never seen it before :) I don't know if it shows, but I am so very proud of her! 💖

Ummm, it shows ;)🤣♥️
Thought it might ;) It's so nice to have a little Princess around the house again to help me keep all these roosters in line too 💖

Awww 🥰 Peach and Lovejoy need a couple name. Peachjoy? LovePrincess?

So wonderful to see her settling in so nicely!
Tee hee!! "PeachLove" would be cute, but I'm a little wary cos a lot of those folks with the couple names have broken up!! Peachie does come on a bit strong for Lovejoy sometimes and he has to retreat a little - I don't know *where* she gets that kinda behaviour from!

Most Reactions

Back