I NEED HELP

Kourtn.lou5629

Aug 29, 2024
Hello
I’m deciding between a mealy amazon or a African grey I have done all research and 2 family members that have had an experience with African greys but I’m just not sure

I live in a semi detached house and a student

The cons of a amazon is loudness and one person parrots

The cons of a African grey is plucking

I’m asking if any one has any advice to help me choose which one to buy but sometimes you need to take a risk because all parrots are different, you will never meet the same bird twice

EEEK! I think your last paragraph nails it...
Good for you, for joining us, and reaching out, though. Stick with us!

OOOOOOhch, tough call. I would go with the grey, personally, but I have an intolerance to loud, screechy volumes, so the Amazon would drive me bonkers.

EEEK! I think your last paragraph nails it...
Good for you, for joining us, and reaching out, though. Stick with us!
Does anyone recommend any human foods like with amazons they are allowed pasta, I saw this review of this book called “natural feeding system” it looks really amazing it tells you about all the diet dangers and then 60 recipes at the back which are like human food but actually veg and stuff but unfortunately they only sell it in America in the review it said
Veg- unlimited
Fruit - 2-3 days a week i think can’t remember
Eggs - 1-2 a week

Has anyone heard or got the book with that page in it

The search engine here is great for a variety of diet ideas...

Here's what I use.
I feed Harrison's, supplemented by fresh healthy treats. My first, and later, my current avian vet recommended it. My bird loves the pellets now, but to get him converted, my avian vet suggested putting pellets out all day, and putting seeds (his old diet) out for two 15-minute periods a day. That would sustain him but leave him hungry enough to try new stuff. I presume the same technique could be used to get him to eat other healthy stuff, like fruits and vegetables! My guy was eating pellets in a couple of days, and now I can feed a good variety of other stuff, knowing he has the pellets as a basic. Pellets are out all day... fresh treats a few times a day. I also like Harrison's via mail because I never have to worry about out-of-date products.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back