huffing/sighing

May 9, 2024
Parrots
1 Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
Ellie still preforms normaly, eats all her food, plays with her toys, bathes, preens, and chirps ect. however for the past two days i've noticed Ellie huffing/sighing (for lack of better words). it's a little hard to explain but she opens her mouth and lets out a short huff of air, which is barely audible. it's not heavy or laboured like panting. I'm mildly worried because the huffs are frequent and close together. Has anyone else encountered this? and if so did you ever find out what it was? should i take her to a vet? edit: i dont have a video but i'll try to get one

Well... I'd always recommend an aian vet consult.
My first impression is that it might be...
Nothing important
Mimicking somebody/something around her
Some kind of respiratory issue....

Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.

Now that i think about it
Well... I'd always recommend an aian vet consult.
My first impression is that it might be...
Nothing important
Mimicking somebody/something around her
Some kind of respiratory issue....

Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.

Thank you so much. Now that i think about it i did have an asthma flare a few weeks ago so hopefully she's just mimicking my wheezing but regardless i found a vet and booked an appointment :)

You are MY KIND OF PARRONT! GOOD FOR YOU.
I hope you stick around

Ellie still preforms normaly, eats all her food, plays with her toys, bathes, preens, and chirps ect. however for the past two days i've noticed Ellie huffing/sighing (for lack of better words). it's a little hard to explain but she opens her mouth and lets out a short huff of air, which is barely audible. it's not heavy or laboured like panting. I'm mildly worried because the huffs are frequent and close together. Has anyone else encountered this? and if so did you ever find out what it was? should i take her to a vet? edit: i dont have a video but i'll try to get one
My Grey huffs and has done all of his life 33 yrs. It's a sign of affection. I know that 100%. Mine does it only when iam touching him . It's all good. He often lowers his wings at the same time

Most Reactions

Back