Holy Play Gym!

I have a question.... my wifes parents have a cabin at Shaver Lake, CA. behind their cabin is a Manzanita forest!! could I pull pieces of the trees and make my own play gym? Or is the manzanita wood that they sell Processed in any way? (kiln Dried).. etc) could I use it right off the tree?

Oh, look! Everyone on this board just made a new best friend! You're about to become very popular!

That's what I did.

A friend of mine had land that had wild Manzanita growing on it, and the Fire Department ordered him to cut it down as a fire hazard...

I volunteered to "help" get rid of all... that... wood...

That's where my amazon's big playstand came from.

I actually just took a car load of the stuff to the self service car wash, and washed it all really good... with car wash soap and water.

sweet!! that's my plan then. Thanks for the advice. I will take a picture of their "backyard" at the cabin. its a playgym heaven grounds... LOL

sweet!! that's my plan then. Thanks for the advice. I will take a picture of their "backyard" at the cabin. its a playgym heaven grounds... LOL

One of the things I miss about California... Pick your own playgym.

I had two manzanita trees myself. But it grew wild all over the place. And during fire season, they would go in and "erradicate" free perch materials.

that's what I am going to do... I am going to tell my father in law that I need to clean up his fire line! HA HA HA. if I get hog wild and pull a bunch, I am willing to send some to you guys if you pay the shipping?

that's what I am going to do... I am going to tell my father in law that I need to clean up his fire line! HA HA HA. if I get hog wild and pull a bunch, I am willing to send some to you guys if you pay the shipping?

I am doing my best ARNOLD HORESHACK imitation over here...

HORSHACK is a very old and respected name, you know, it means "the cattle are dying." (The kids on this board are not gonna get the reference at all...)

Your Killing me! I practically live in the middle of a tropical rain Forrest with nothing usable.

Can't wait for Captain to get back :)

Most Reactions

Back