Aug 7, 2014
Miami, Florida
Parrots
Bala- B&G, Capri- Greenwing, Cata- Catalina, Ruby- Military, Abbey- B&G
Now that is what I call a play gym.....

Have you ever seen anything so amazing!

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

:D That is awesome!!!! I think that one would withstand my big macs beaks for at least a little while, LOL.

Who sells those? Did you by one?

Wendy, how long would it take for your macs to turn it into toothpicks? :)

ROFLMAO! I think they'd be chewing on those branches for quite some time, HAHAHHA. I'd give it a year...or 2 before it would look drastically different. :eek: The problem with my big macs is: "Monkey see - monkey do." So as soon as Niko sees that Ripley is trying to chew on a perch, he has to do the EXACT same thing, oftentimes the EXACT same perch. And 2 beaks work faster than one. :30:

Hmmm I wish. It's the size of a kids jungle gym and sells for 5K!

I can dream, lol

Hmmm I wish. It's the size of a kids jungle gym and sells for 5K!

I can dream, lol

$5000!? My moms yard is a goldmine! Filled with millions of old, half dead manzanita bushes she's always cutting up and making perches and things for her birds with. That would be pretty easy to build too. Back forever ago, Kiwi used to have a very similar one I built him, though it was a little smaller and more sized for an amazon, not a flock of macaws:D

what I wouldn't give for a back yard like your moms!

These are close to it, and they are only $700.00

http://www.exoticwooddreams.com/catalog20/image2/101056lg.jpg

They sell it in kit form for less than half that. 32 piece gym kit $250.00 -
Some assembly required...

http://www.exoticwooddreams.com/catalog20/image2/101266lg.jpg

For ONE GRAND you could make a 128 branch playstand from hell... THAT WOULD DWARF THAT ONE.

I imagine half that (64 pieces!) and you could make a pretty monstrous playstand that would rival this thing... and save yourself $4,500 in the process.

FIVE GRAND?! For old tree branches screwed together?! What have you been smoking... I mean IT IS nice, but it's not FIVE GRAND nice!

Last edited:
Agreed. I've decided to order a shipments of manzanita, and construct a play gym that has all the features I want for a fraction of the price.

Free Shipping. Selling for $4800 on eBay.

Correction. LISTED for $4800... "selling" means someone actually bid on it.

I can get a NICE fully furnished outdoor flight for that price!!!

Last edited:
Agreed. I've decided to order a shipments of manzanita, and construct a play gym that has all the features I want for a fraction of the price.

I have a big oak tree in my yard.

It came with the house.

No assembly required.

Just occasional raking and pruning... :D

Lol, well...with the eagles and hawks in my area I don't think I will ever feel comfortable enough to have Phoebe in a tree. This last weekend I got an aviator harness that I'm in the process of introducing to her. She's certainly not afraid of it, but anytime its within reach it becomes a play thing. Will take some time for it to no longer be a novelty item.

Well you've seen my indoor playstands...

The big PVC stand works really well, and I've been using that one, or one like it for around 15-ish years now. So, it's held up pretty good.

PVC works pretty well as a playstand construction material, and you can build a monster playstand for under $200.00.

She has a PVC one that I made. I like to spoil all my pets, plus..I really want to build a natural o e cuz I think it would be cool..lol. More for me than it is for her. [emoji6]

wow love these kits, has anyone used them before?

ps. I'm going to stop doing research period and just go straight to the Birdman, lol. Your the best!

The website is exotic wood dreams. They've got some really, really nice stuff...

Things I've lusted after for years.

My "lottery fantasy" aviary envisions several of their large playstands as primary furnishings...

I've been doing this for a long time. I've kinda already done a lot of the research... And I know one or two people who know what they are doing, and can point me in the right direction when I get lost.

So, I pass it on when I can.

I have a question.... my wifes parents have a cabin at Shaver Lake, CA. behind their cabin is a Manzanita forest!! could I pull pieces of the trees and make my own play gym? Or is the manzanita wood that they sell Processed in any way? (kiln Dried).. etc) could I use it right off the tree?

Most Reactions

Back